Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Discombobulation!!!!!!



I hate to admit it, but I LIKE ROUTINE!!!!!   Yep - good old fashioned routine. Today being the first day of school means ROUTINE!!!   My back was in great shape yesterday - just a bit tired at the end of the day and I got a LOT done. I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


That routine of getting the tent set up, and taking it down just ingrained itself in me so much that I was out of sorts when I came home. I find that funny coming from a NON camper!!!!

I got myself organized yesterday morning and off to the gym for 6 AM. Fortunately or unfortunately (depending on how you look at it), my class was either canceled or more likely moved to a different time because of the holiday. None the less - I got myself onto one of the cardio machines and then did some other stuff. That was the start of a great day.

I tackled the quilting machine and stuck at it all day - well pretty much all day. And I got done what I had set out to do - that is the most important part. I won't show you a picture yet - because I still have a bit more to do today - you'll see the picture tomorrow. I like when things go well - the tension worked great - had a bit of a mechanical problem, but got out the wrench - made a slight adjustment and everything was back to normal.

Then at 4 PM - I was invaded!!!!  Well I knew it was going to happen, as we had planned to have an exchange of our secret block project. But look at this - I go away for two weeks and the girls have gone wild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They came in and set up their own little bar!!!!   I've blanked their faces to protect the "guilty"




The projects are looking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!    I can't wait for the final reveal in November. But first - I am a tad behind and I need to get caught up. So that will be the focus next week - get caught up!!!!   Would be nice to get those things off my plate as well. I am behind on another exchange as well - so I had better get myself together and get caught up. Never mind samples that have to be made!!!!!!!!!! And I now belong to THREE guilds - OH BOY - hold my hands down when it comes to signing up for things!!!!!


Marian brought me my birthday present. Is this not the CUTEST thing ever???????   Notice the careful placement of the letters on the background fabric????   (above the word EVERY) Awesome!!!!!   I must get that and several other things on my wall of fame. Yikes - I have a lot to add to that wall. Better get a move on.





And a cool book and this fabric that we had been searching for (I guess she forgot that I had already found it). I am supposed to make something for her, but I seem to have misplaced the darn pattern!!!!!!   Well - I had better find it and get to work. It is very cute!!!!   Something that we saw at a local Fabricland a while back. Shoot - just had a quick peak and NOPE - I don't see the pattern.

Super MODERN QUILT book - do you think it is politically correct that the girl is walking down the stairs with a quilt draped around her and dragging on the ground?????   I mean - she could trip and FALL!!!! OK - had to throw that in!!!!!

The fabric - and now where is the pattern??????   At least I can always buy a new pattern (if I remember which one it was????) (yes - I think so)



I even got up early this morning and got some stitching done on Spring has Sprung. No picture - not finished yet!!!!!

I was tinkering with my calendar last week. Do you have the same problem??  Even though I am not officially working, I seem to have tons of deadlines, or other things that need to be scheduled. Sometimes I
wonder how this can be?????   Yet when I look at it - there isn't tons, but almost something every day that has to be taken care of. Well it is a mystery to me!!!!   Would be nice to get up one day and have NOTHING to do. I mean nothing scheduled!!!!   It seems that I spend a lot of time keeping that calendar up to date. Things are always changing. Got to figure out how to cut down on that!!!!



Well there you have it - another busy day today. Let's hope that I am really back to normal.



Have a good day!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment