Wednesday, September 19, 2012


I have to admit that the computer works so much BETTER when the memory is clear. Editing pictures takes mere seconds NOT minutes!   NOTE TO SELF - make sure the computer gets shut off each night or at least every couple of days.

Back to the gym this morning. I am still sore from the workout on Monday. Yikes - and then we had a great workout again today. Things are finally settling down for the instructor and the participants - it is awesome. The only problem is the locker room. I know - you are asking why????   Well - the other girls ask "are you coming tomorrow?"   And I feel guilty that I am NOT!!!!   Mind you - tomorrow is bike riding day so I do other stuff. Oh yes - the guilt factor is BIG at this gym!!!   And we are doing it to ourselves. And I ran into Alwin after the class and he "made" me 120 leg raises!!!   (For old times sake!!!)

Had an AWESOME class for the Stonehenge meets Jamestown group. We are meeting at Ruti's once a month for the next year. I have to say that this quilt is WAY easier than Sylvia's Bridal Sampler.

Stonehenge meets Jamestown



The quilt is put together with Marti Michell templates which makes it a snap!!!!!!


But DUH - I made a mistake when I put my block together. I cut the pieces late at night and sewed it early in the morning and couldn't figure out why some of the pieces were a tad short. Normally those templates are EXACT. Then when I was reviewing the block with the class, I realized I had cut one of my strips TOO SMALL. DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     Instead of 2 5/8" for the small square, I cut 2 1/2".  I can't believe I did that!!!!!!    And of course the block is a bit too small for my liking. I might take it out and replace those squares. I know it will bug me until I do.


My "too small" block


If the prep for all classes were this simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Anyway - a great class - so many that we had to split it into TWO groups. Tried to buy more black for my Halloween quilts but they were sold out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Drat - should have more by the weekend to finish those off.


After each class - I always asked the students to bring in some show n tell if they have................


Tish made this gorgeous little bag. Hey I was with her when she bought it (I bought it too - I do not remember whose pattern it is!!!!) 

And here is Tish`s afghan. This is the same one that I am knitting!!!   This is my inspiration!

Pat brought in this "antique" (think it had to be 100 years old to be antique) quilt that was made by her mother. It is hand quilted (we know where Pat gets it from). And there is a little pocket in the roof of the house (it`s old lady in the shoe) for a little doll. It is very cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!



There was also lots of pictures of things that were made and are already gone!  Seems like everyone had a busy summer.


I got a bit of reading done yesterday and LOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The elusive Clive Cussler book and this one looks in PRISTINE condition. THANKS PAT!!!!!


While I was at Ruti`s, I was having a peek at the Halloween fabric. Oh boy - Pat caught me!!!!   BUT - if anyone has this fabric - I really could use 14 inches of it. I will buy it from you. It is a Northcott. It is going to be used for a backing and I am just missing a a bit. Otherwise, I will throw something else with it, but since I am SO close to having all I need, I thought it would be neat to have the entire back of the same fabric.


NEED 14 inches of this fabric

Oh yes - I finished reading James Patterson - Beach Road yesterday. Have you read that book??????   Oh boy - that was a TWISTED ending if I ever saw one. I really felt BAD at the end. The twist really puts a different perspective on the entire book and is so bizarre.


Well  - another day of quilting and paperwork, e-mails and whatever!!!!!!


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment