Thursday, September 20, 2012

Bordering on the edge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



What a day!    You know you have those days when you have deadlines and you MUST work on the critical, but your brain just isn't up to the task???  OK - everyday is like that for me.

I have a couple of critical things that MUST get done and I decided that I would tackle at least one of them.

First up was the raffle quilt for the Brampton Guild. Yes - it was quilted a while back and the binding was made, but the lady responsible for the design really really wanted a wavy edge on the border. Oh dear - that complicates things and no one wanted to touch it. So I bite the bullet yesterday and got it DONE.


Here is the quilt - laid out on the work tables - ready for SURGERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used a flexible ruler (it is grey and hard to see in this picture).  Rather than get all complicated with math - I used the design on the quilt as the guide for the start, top and stop of each wave

Marked it with chalk

Cut with scissors (ACK!!!!!)


The off cuts - yeah - just toss those babies on the floor. 

The final quilt - I had to take this picture sideways on the design wall. Can you tell????  Once the edges are cropped properly I doubt you could tell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then the fun part - sewing the binding on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I got a little happy when I was making binding because I had a fair amount left over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Bottom line - it is DONE DONE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!    So as a reward to myself for getting that critical project done, I did some "fun" stuff.


Got the second border on Elaine S quilt done. Just need to get more black for the last border and drat - Ruti's didn't have any. I should be getting more either today or tomorrow

Then I pieced one of the extra Halloween quilts. Can't proceed with the borders because I need the black

Got one of the side borders on this quilt - only 5 more pieces to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

And because I was on a roll - I got the top and bottom of the first border on this quilt. 


You see - whenever anyone comes to sew, I put these projects back in the closet and when they leave - I dig them out. I am getting tired of moving them, so I NEED to get them DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Carol is pretty sure she has that Halloween fabric that I need for the backing. I thought if anyone would have any - it would be Carol.


I think I mentioned last week that Berke purchased a car - HIS FIRST CAR!!!!!   I remember that day very clearly - a RED TOYOTA with white interior - I was 17. Became the basis of all the other cars I ever purchased. |Red - Toyota with various colours for the interior.


I asked M to take a couple of pictures for the blog - she took FORTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

So there were a few issues with the car passing its emissions test, but guess what pulled up outside the house yesterday??????????????


Berke and the LAND YACHT!!!!!!!!!!!!   (Notice how excited Sammy is - SHE LOVES BERKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
and even got to go for a short ride down the street

Berke and the land YACHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    

See - look at Sammy - "I LOVE BERKE!!!!!!!!!!!!    He's my hero" - she wouldn't leave him alone

Can we go for a ride????   Can we???? Can we??????


Anyway - fun and games!!!!  Berke is happy and while not as fancy as other cars - it will get him to and from college without having to wait for a ride. BUT - let's not just go for a joy ride - that would be wasting gas!!!!!!!   In that car - I would say yes!!!!!!


Now there are TWO critical things on my list. I had best get rid of one more today and then one more tomorrow. If that were the end of the list of things to do - what fun that would be, but while I am making progress on the "to do" list, it seems that I knock two or three items off and add five or six. But then that is me and the way that I work!!!!!!!!!!!


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great post and Rent a van and travel in class and in comfort with large passenger van rental services from our company based in San Diego, California. Perfect for group outings, family vacations, mission trips, corporate events and other occasions.
    passenger van

    ReplyDelete