Thursday, September 27, 2012

Don't worry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Yesterday was one of those days where I seemed to be busy all day, but at the end of the day - I asked myself  "what did you do all day?"

I did have a class in the morning and then a bit of shopping in the afternoon, a dentist appointment, Linda picked up her quilt and well - next thing you know - we were eating dinner at 8 PM and I really got nothing concrete done in the day!!!!!   DRAT - I hate those days, but that is life!

A funny thing happened at the dentist office. I see the same hygienist every time. Rose is very nice and gentle, although she keeps telling me that my gums are NOT happy. Good grief - brushing, flossing, massaging the gums - I have to do MORE. Anyway, we got to talking about cycling and she mentioned the area where she lived which is a popular area for cyclists. Then she was telling me about her sister getting a speeding ticket. I guessed EXACTLY where she got the ticket. Is that freaky or what??????    I didn't even know that her sister lived in the same area as Rose, but I was driving this road on Monday (Not my usual route, but took the road to avoid construction) and lo and behold, someone was getting a speeding ticket. I know because the cop had the radar gun in his hand. We had a good chuckle over that!!!!!!!!!!!    But that didn't stop her from lecturing me about my flossing habits!!!!

I did make  stop at the Salvation Army Thrift Store and bought pillow cases.
My pillow case collection

Now before you roll your eyes and wonder if I have gone crazy like the two people I told yesterday what I had bought and where. There is a good reason I bought these and I hope to put them to good use today. I have washed them and they are ready for action! And can you believe - I had to pay double for the orange pillow cases!!!!!!!!!!!    $2 instead of $1. Stay tuned tomorrow to see what I do with them. Oh - it is quilt related.


I was at the library a week ago and I always have a good look around. I LOVE the library. I noticed that they have a book club and it is on a night when I am free. Hmmmmmm - looked at the list of books. Of course - there is NOTHING that I recognize. Nope - they don't put James Patterson and Clive Cussler on the book club lists.

Just so happened that day that the regular librarians were not at the library and staff from another branch were covering for them. One of them is a friend and fellow quilter - another Elaine!!!!   I asked her about the book club and she went looking for the book for me. She gave me a copy that she found in the manager's office. This is the book................


Island Beneath the Sea by Isabel Allende


The book was originally written in Spanish and translated. Not my kind of book - it takes place in the 1770s in the Caribbean.  A totally different style of book than I am used to, but I am enjoying it. But the women - well they are either swooning and sick or they are turning tricks. I guess that is why they were treated as second class citizens!!!!!!!!!!!   And a huge part of the book is about slavery. I hope to get it done by the date in October. Not a fast read, but interesting. It should be fun to discuss it with the others. I did notice in the catalogue that there is a rather lengthy wait list for this book. I am thinking that I got bumped to the top of the list because my friend grabbed a copy that may have been destined for someone else?


Last night, while we had our late dinner, my camera was sitting on the table and look what my kid took pictures of...........................


Little Sammy who is just the CUTEST dog in the world. I can't believe that someone didn't want her!!!   She is so adorable and a super personality!!!!  Cuddly and well just the best little dog ever!!!!

And big Sparky who was just hoping that some food would fall under the table. 

 I have been working on a project that I could not show you. I won these blocks at the June meeting at Halton Hills Guild. Anne challenged me to have something to show in September!!!   I think she meant a quilt and I was hoping, but that didn't happen. However, I did make the three additional blocks needed (I won 27 - made 3 more). Auditioned sashing (many colours) and finally agreed that purple would work best. Got the sashing in and got one of the borders on. I got another one on this morning and still have one more to add. Then make the binding and backing (which are already chosen) and it will be done. Maybe I will make an exception and try and get this one quilted.

Block of the month - blocks I won




This is a note to all parents who worry about their children. What they eat, how they dress, how they act, etc etc. As my kid was growing up - we had issues. She could never get up in the morning, she ate JUNK food all the time, she wouldn't listen, wouldn't eat breakfast and so on. There were days when I wanted to give her away. Heck - I would have paid to have someone take her away!    However things have changed - Now I am getting complaints because we do not have PROTEIN in the house for breakfast. Not that there isn't food - but NOT PROTEIN. And this morning - she was up at 6:30 AM (on her own), and off for her driving training AFTER she ate her breakfast (including the PROTEIN). Then she will get dropped off at school. Now doesn't that warm your heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     There is hope!!!!!    She has found a PASSION - her love of fashion. I am very PROUD of her. And just goes to show that you can't push your life on your kid - you have to let them do their thing. I think everyone is happier because she found what she wanted rather than what we wanted!!!!!    This time next year, my baby will be in university!!!!!!!!    ACK!!!!!  


On that note - got stuff (real stuff to do today) so better get started. Got more of that darn paper work to clear up before I hit the long arm.

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!! which

No comments:

Post a Comment