Friday, September 14, 2012

The gym is taking OVER my life!!!!!!!!!!!!



Last night I went for a bike ride with the club from the gym. At first I was going to wimp out and go to a used book sale. However after talking to M - I get "the bike ride will be better". Kids - what do they know?????   Anyway - got suited up and off I went. And I had a GREAT ride. I was STRONG and attacked the small hills that we rode - the same hills that were MOUNTAINS to me last week. We only did 37 K, but then it was getting dark and had to get home as I do not have lights on my bike. Shirley and I are riding in the front at one point and we get to an intersection. I am on her left and I am trying to turn right and she is trying to turn left. Yep - she CRASHED into me. But I remained calm and no one fell off their bike!  I probably would have last year. But I did get a scrap on my leg - her wheel must have hit my leg.


UGLY scrap - OK - so it is not that bad


Just goes to show that you need to signal all the time, talk to the group members and keep your eyes open.


Then off to the group fitness class this morning. It was a great class - loads of fun, but an awesome workout. And then in the locker room, everyone is talking about all the other classes at the gym - did you try this - did you try that?????   Oh my god - I could just live at the gym (I mentioned that earlier!!!) . So I am going to try pilates and I think I will go to the Slow flow Yoga this afternoon. Oh boy -



I did get some work done yesterday - not much, but I did get something done. Have a look..............

The first of the Halloween quilts quilted!!!!!!
Do you want to see a close up of the quilting???????

Spider webs!!!!!!    (It is very hard to see - which is a good thing because this pattern was hard to do and it is hard to get the lines to meet at the right spots). 


I quilted it with invisible thread (which I don't normally use because of the shine, but in this case for spider webs - it was perfect!!!!)


Then I took M to Oakville Sewing Center. There was a really cute denim jacket that I wanted her to see. She LOVED IT and she LOVED the store. She was looking at all the crazy fashion fabric and I could see her start to drool. I think the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree!!!!   I am just able to control the apple (so far!!!!)

I also got the backing for Ronda's two Halloween quilts.



Black plush and minky for Ronda's quilts



Then I forgot that I was supposed to do a taste testing so popped off to that. The product was yogurt. Strawberry and vanilla. Holy cow - that is so hard - they seemed so similar yet different. We got two vanillas and two strawberries. I think the biggest difference - one was WAY creamier than the other. No idea what they were - OH - that isn't true - they were by Danone. But that is all I know.


So the big question is - DID I GET ANYTHING done on the block exchanges???????????????


Yep - I got the background cut!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Oh dear - that is so sad. Well I have a ton of work cut out for me today, but how I am going to fit it in around going to yoga and the used book sale - well - might be a late night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a quick stop at Chapter's and saw a really neat novel - Memoires of an Imaginary Friend by Matthew Green. Sounds like a cool book, but I did not buy it - Nope - I'll get it from the library. I know - really bad.



And on that note - I am out of here!



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment