Thursday, September 18, 2014

I'll never tell??


Oh what a crazy day yesterday was!!!   DH and I zipped off to the car rental place for 7 AM.  They were slow?   We did not leave until 7:30!    I had a big drive ahead of me - 2 1/2 hours at least and the car rental place was in the opposite direction from where I was going. With early morning traffic to get out of the city and construction and the delay at the car rental place - I was 20 minutes late!!  But no worries - it all worked out.

I do not have time to blog about it this morning - got another absolutely crazy day!

I do have two pictures to share with you. This is the MESS that I am faced with these days.

The cutting table is piled HIGH

The extra tables are piled high


And the ironing board is piled even higher and the sewing table - let's not even go there.  There are bags of stuff from presentations that need to be dealt with.  Oh boy - I am in deep trouble.  I am trying to decide what to do with the few hours I have free today. I think I need to do some organization  or I am going to be spending loads of time trying to find things and that is NOT productive.

So while I do like organizing - I hate taking the time to do it.


I got a book from the library the other day and I grabbed it this morning to have a quick look.  I read the introduction by the author - all bubbly and full of great ideas and hope. Then I looked at the publication date - 2013. Then I looked at the bio and I noticed TWO DATES behind her name and I thought - that is very weird and they only do that for people who have died. Further investigation indicated that this author died in May 2013.  Yikes - so I did a search on the internet and both her and her husband died on a family (year-long) camping trip in Australia - she is an Australian.  Worst part - they died in front of their children!!!  

The book is called Brave New Quilts by Kathreen Ricketson.





Wow - that was a bit sobering!  Anyway - there are a lot of very interesting designs in the book and OH - I NEED MORE TIME to do everything I want to do.  I would so love to spend time just experimenting.  Taking one idea and running with it.  I do get to do that, but just not enough to exhaust all the ideas. Let's face it - even if I did nothing else - I would never exhaust the ideas so I just have to learn to live with it!!!!

On that note - I better get dressed and get my car!   And then I have a VERY URGENT errand to do. although it seems very crazy to DRIVE to the office to get an expired driver's license renewed, but I never said that - did I!!!!!   Let's just say - it is NOT the first time this has happened, but first time I never even thought about it.  Hmmmmm - what does that mean? Age????


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment