Tuesday, September 9, 2014

My mind is BLANK!


I am out walking the dogs this morning and next thing I knew - I was back home. Finished the half hour walk and pretty much no recollection of walking it!  That is because my brain is BUZZING.  I am prepping for my workshop on STRIPED fabric this weekend and well - the possibilities of what to do with the stripes just keeps expanding!  At one point - I have to say ENOUGH!  But not yet!!

I still have a LOT of striped fabric and not sure what I will do with it all, however better to have too much than not enough.  Those people in the class won't know what hit them!  It has certainly been fun and this is what I love to do.  Just cutting and sewing and experimenting. I love it.


Yesterday was an AWESOME day.  Back at Monday Mania for sewing.  (yes - there is a name change and based on the craziness of the day - the name is very appropriate!!!!).  Anyway - we were all like little kids on the first day of school after summer break.  There was so much to catch up on - I don't think anyone started to sew until almost 10:30 AM!  But it was so great to see everyone.  When I actually did get down to sewing - I got a lot done and THREE of us were working on our Husqvarna Viking H|Class 100Q sewing machines!!  I love it!  It really is a nice little machine and so handy to not have to pack up my big one - just grab the little one and off we go.

Have a look at what some of the ladies were working on or have done...........

Judith who purchased a new sewing machine a while back was busy this summer as did stitch-outs of all the stitches on her sewing machine. 

And more stitches

And she wrote down the number of each stitch

This is such a great idea. Everyone should do this - if for no other reason than you can see what your machine is capable of. And don't forget that each of those stitches can be adjusted - the width and the length. Now some of those changes would make no sense, but the possibility is there.


Maria is working on Triple four patch block.  A LOT of mindless sewing. But she got the next stage done.  A lot of pressing going to happen this week and then onto the next step which is the last one to get the blocks done. 

Carol got the top done on a fall wall hanging

Diane with her almost finished quilt top from the July Shop Hop in Southern Ontario. Those black and white blocks are made with half square triangles.  That is a LOT of half square triangles.  You should know that Diane never sleeps!!!!!  She exhausts me when I hear what she does in a day!
 Anyway - the rest of them were busy as bees as well, but that is all the photos I took.

I got a few more license plates added to the collection.  Only ten missing now!!!!  I think five more are coming. The rest I will leave - the stores are probably sold out anyway.



License plate collection

And my FIRST one from the US.  Almost the same look at Ontario plates - but it is from Michigan!

As I struggle with parking five bikes in the garage - I need to make a trip to the dump and recycling depot to get rid of a bunch of stuff that is sitting there  - I came across these two pieces of needlepoint canvas.


Needlepoint canvas


Any takers??????   I want this OUT OF THE GARAGE and so it is free to anyone who wants it. Otherwise it goes in the donation box.


There are also TWO hand quilting frames that anyone can have for the asking.  One is a hoop on a stand and the other is a small lap frame. Both are wooden and if anyone would like one or both - I can assemble them so you can have a better look.

On that note - it is time to get to work.  I know I should have only three critical things on my list, but there are so many more than three.  OK - so I must prioritize and pick the MOST critical three. The rest that I get done today will be gravy!


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment