Sunday, July 9, 2023

It only gets worse from here!

OH --- there are coincidences all over the place. Tammy -- not only do you need to reread Harry Potter, but you have to watch the movies! 

Those books were such feel-good books, and when I finished listening to the first one, I wanted to continue to the second. ACK -- I have it on hold. In the meantime, while trimming quilts last night, I decided to watch the movie! I know --- that never happens in this house. I had to get DH to walk me through the process of watching it online through a streaming service. The book is better, but it was fun to watch the movie!

And as for those missing keys? Yep -- they are usually right where we think they are. We just can't see the forest for the trees!

I should become a basketball player - part of the Harlem Globetrotters! Let's say that Miss Murphy wanted to play ball, and I was sitting at the desk. When I turn slightly to the right, this is my view. The object is to get it through the doorway, which shouldn't be challenging, but it is! I don't know how many times I've missed, and the ball goes splat on the wall. This isn't a big deal unless the ball is wet and dirty as it was yesterday. I had to get up and wash the wall! 

The view from behind me

However, on one of my throws, the ball hit the doorsill directly and bounded into the kitchen. I heard a crunch and then a small whine from Murphy. NO WAY!!! Yep --- that ball took a sharp angle and landed directly in Lexi's food bowl. 



He shoots! He scores!


Murphy knows that she is NOT allowed to touch Lexi's dish if there is dog food in it. I've no idea how we trained her to do this because she has to sit patiently while we place her bowl on the floor, and then she wolfs it down when we release her. Hey -- we even passed THREE dogs yesterday, and no barking. Just a wee bit of whining. Could she be learning? Could she be slowing down? Or is it just a bother to bark at every dog? 

Anyway, I got the ball out of the dish for her and gave her high praises for her excellent behavior!!! She can be a good dog when she wants!!

I made a couple more videos yesterday afternoon, and this is what Studio B looks like when that happens. 



Filming in progress


And there's my big anti-reflective screen which works like a charm. There's nothing worse than seeing your reflection on the sewing machine screen when filming! ACK!!!! I purchased the screen when I took photography at college but never used it. I now use it a lot!


My reflective screen


As for the rest of the place? Oh god -- it's hard to believe I can find room to work. It looks like Neville Longbottom has had trouble casting spells there! 

Studio B is a shambles


I don't think I will find time to tidy it up! I'm a bit behind, and there's precious little time to get everything done that needs to be done. I'll do what I can! 

I had the embroidery machine working like mad but was disappointed in my "finished" project. That was a learning experience, to say the least. I need to figure out what went wrong, but hesitant as it took eons of time. I might try later today or leave it until later. I'll share it with you after I show the embroidery club this morning. 

I managed to get a customer quilt done. Running between the two machines requires a LOT of skill. One must negotiate around all those piles on the floor, which is so unlike me! 




Customer quilt - DONE


In case you're wondering (OK -- we already know this) why I'm behind, look at this map I received yesterday. 

Where I've been

It's all the places I was in the last two months! Almost made it coast to coast! It's incredible how many people have NOT been outside their home province! Gosh -- I've been everywhere in Canada many times - well - everywhere except Iqualait. And I will get there one day! Oh - technically, I've not been to Labrador either. 


So what's with Murphy? She is pretty sad because I won't play ball with her, so she goes out onto the deck to sulk. Even in the rain! 




MOM won't play ball with me!


I walked more fabric over to Diane's. Only two bags remain! One minor annoying spot on those new shoes near my ankle, but so far, so good. 


Two more presentations this morning, and they are mostly ready to go, although there is still a bit of work on one - collecting all the photos takes time! And it never seems to fail that I miss someone. Microsoft needs a better search engine within its own programs! 


On that note, I'm out of here to get this crazy day started! 


Have a super day!!!

Ciao!



3 comments:

  1. I want you to know that while you chat away with us some days and probably wonder if anyone is listening, I am! You motivated me to spend 5 days sorting through all my fabrics that are kiddy/children/baby themed. At first, I pulled out a couple of bins to go through and then I figured I might as well get them all out. It was your cutting of fabrics at retreat that inspired me - if Elaine can do it so can I! First, however, I went through my patterns and previously made preemie and youth quilts for ideas of what I obviously prefer to make and decided that framed 3.5" squares works well and I have a lot of extra blocks of those to start me off. Then I realized I also use 5" squares so that got me cutting. I made a huge pile of various size squares... that actually felt good and it meant I went through the containers of bits and chunks. My sorting ended up with me having a container of yardage/larger pieces of fabric, another huge bin of fat quarters (great for yellow brick road pattern), and smaller bins with the cut squares. Any fabrics that were good for cutting in strips got put aside and at the end of my sorting I cut 2" strips. Those are now subcut for working with the 3.5" and 5" squares. So far, I have put together enough framed squares for 5 preemie quilts and still have enough for 3 or 4 more!
    I really dislike standing and cutting but in this case, you inspired me and I was very productive. Plus, I felt so good to put fewer containers, all labeled, back onto the shelves and I had 2 empty ones!
    Now, next challenge is to go through all my USB sticks and see what is one them and label them. Amazing how we can get so overwhelmed with paperwork, fabric, technology that we have to force ourselves to just get on with dealing with it. Thanks for the motivation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOODNESS -- -doesn't it feel good? I know -- standing and doing the same thing over and over again can be boring, but if you have a good movie, audiobook or whatever, it makes the time go by! OR the motivation!!! Thanks for sharing your story! And good luck with the USBs!!!

      Delete
  2. I was thinking the Harry Potter movies need another viewing as well, although with my reading speed at the moment not sure I will finish each book before viewing the movies. My son hasn’t actually seen all the movies so might spend some days in August to watch them all together before he goes away to University.

    ReplyDelete