Monday, July 24, 2023

All things Barbie

 OK --- so the link to the classes is fixed! So whenever you want to go and review the list to see what will work with your schedule when other offerings become available, you'll be able to easily see it. Feel free to pass that link along to someone you think might be interested in some of the classes. Remember, the clubs/classes currently scheduled to run from October to December will continue as per the agendas already laid out. These are NEW sessions (for the software clubs) and new projects or techniques. 

So you remember all those Barbie quilt tops I have to quilt? 


Seven Barbie quilt tops

And one more Barbie quilt


The Barbie movie was recently released, and if you're going somewhere -- it's on Air Canada's entertainment system. We all think the plane is photoshopped. It would only be for a deal with the movie that they would pay to paint the aircraft. I know someone who would know the answer, and she reads the blog. Let's wait to hear what she says!

Is the plane photoshopped or not? 


There's some concern over the movie because many LITTLE girls want to attend it, but it's rated PG-13. I didn't know that until someone pointed it out. Not that I have to worry. M is old enough to go to any movie she wants. I haven't mentioned her in a bit, but this is our daughter, who is in her late twenties. Wow - how did that happen? 

"My" Barbie -- this is M



Oh my gosh --- I had to laugh when she sent me this. Her friends dressed to go to the movie. I wonder how many other people did? What fun!!!!!

Dressed for the Barbie movie



I didn't get a review if it was good or just that they had fun! I wonder where my old Barbie dolls are? I heard that Ken surfaced in my Mom's house recently. Sigh...................

We had two excellent classes in the morning, and the level of creativity in Out of the Box blew me away yet again! They come up with all kinds of cool things. I give them an item to use or a one-word topic, and they go nuts! I should share some of their stuff because it's very cool, although I want to bonk a couple of them. They are very self-doubting! They make fantastic stuff, yet they can't see that. 

Here's the thing -- making ANYTHING is better than making nothing. That alone should be a reward. Then whatever you make, take OWNERSHIP of it. It's yours. If you don't like it, then say, I don't like it because .............................    And you should have a good reason for not liking it -- I don't like the color, the way the blocks fit, or the overall design. You are NOT allowed to just say I don't like it! Think about that carefully. 

And even if you're unsure -- OWN it! I like it because........................ I know we're in a class, and I encourage SOME self-doubt, but some of them need to believe in themselves a lot more because they are very talented and just won't admit it to themselves!!!! It's way better to say some positive or negative than "I don't know."


Then we had a virtual retreat all day. Oh gosh -- I caved and let them stay past the prescribed shutdown time, but I heard they closed it an hour later. That's good because they need to do other things than hang around their sewing room all day on Zoom! But for many, myself included, it can be challenging to see people in person, and social contact is good! 

I don't have anything to show today. I completed my magazine quilt. I did some quilting on the PFAFF creative icon 2 and some on the long arm. I planned to only quilt the background and let the main design (fusible applique) stand out. I HATED it. Why? Because the applique was too puffy and stood out for the wrong reasons - I saw the applique shapes because they were puffy (no quilting on them) rather than as a design element. 

So I had to quilt all the applique, but it was relatively easy. While I was quilting those appliques, I spotted a section that I had forgotten to satin stitch, so I had to go back and do that through all layers of the quilt. No one is going to see that! And I'm thrilled with the quilt. So if you're unsure about something, do what you can and then determine if it needs more quilting. I only know once I get there! And I should know better by now that I like dense quilting EVERYWHERE!

The binding is on, and it's ready to be mailed today! Yeah! I started writing the instructions, and I hope to get those done today. I'm still writing a few other articles, and I hope to get one more done today as well. Sigh -- it's time-consuming to write, and it must be done when there is NOT a Zoom session going on. 

But several times during the afternoon, I looked for my shoes. Oh great - one of them is at the bottom of the stairs. 


The left shoe

And the other is under the sewing machine. Don't ask! This one probably came off when I was sewing, and then at some point when I went upstairs, I kicked off the other one rather than clunk up the stairs with one sandal on! 

The right shoe





I got a good chuckle out of that. 

Well, I'm off to spin class, so I'd better finish this and get organized. 

Have a super day!!!

Ciao!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment