Sunday, July 3, 2011

Kamloops - Rest Day (Day 6)

Well obviously no stats today - it is a rest day. I am going to post these pictures, but I have no time to tell you what they are - I will try to finish tonight.

We made arrangements last night to meet up at 8 o'clock for a run to Tim's for breakfast. Here we are on a mission!!!!!

Breakfast at Tim's

While I came right back after breakfast, the rest stopped to do some shopping. Here they are arriving with all their goodies!
Then it was time to do bike maintenance. While I have NEVER been good at this - partly because I never really knew what to do, I decided that now was as good a time as ever to get into it.
Jim's new pants!!!!!   There was a method to his madness - he cut off the bottom of the legs so they became rags to clean the bike. The pants were to protect his clothing from getting dirty. Good for a laugh!!!!!!   Jim is quite the character to say the least!

Lynn bought a watermelon and proceeded to eat half of it while she watched us clean our bikes. She cleaned hers yesterday!

Travis hard at work

Jim in his sexy pants!!!!   (Hey why do all Jims end up with sexy pants????)

No Travis hasn't fallen asleep - although it sort of looks like it!!

See how clean my bike looks. I don't think it has ever looked that clean.

Ev using the chain degreaser

Anna - putting a shine on her bike

Big Larry
After the bike cleaning - it was time to do some blog updating. Which I did and I went all the way back to June 27 and added pictures and more text. So if you didn't notice that - you better go back and get the scoop - the whole scoop on the trip. I will try to not fall so far behind, but internet can be spotty and the pictures were tempermental!!!!

Then it was off to lunch.
Do you think Travis is in a rush to get across the street?????
After lunch, Crazy Dave generously offered some bike maintenance tips. Hey if the guys are willing to offer advice - I am willing to take it. He showed us some tricks to make changing a flat easy. I am happy to say that I pretty much followed all the steps - just need to get faster!!!!
Dave removing a back wheel

Anna - practising on changing her rear tire

Bike maintenance 101

Anna had this in her tire. Good thing we found it today cause she probably would have had a flat tomorrow!!! The same thing that was in mine. This is the wire from the steel belted tires that the trucks leave on the road. Small and sharp!!!!!

This is my little hidy hole for blogging. In the central residence building at the university.

Then it was time for dinner. OK - so we didn't do much today, but eat and do bike stuff!!!!!   OK - blogging and editing pictures took a long time in between all that eating!!!!!

I have a few more pictures to edit and load for today, but I forgot to bring the camera and I don't want to walk back to the room. OH - no I am trying to download my video and can't do both at the same time. You will have to wait for the pictures. But we had a great dinner at Earl's (everyone went except for three people and they were with friends for the day) and then Diane, Anna, Ev and myself stopped at the Cold Stone Creamery for ice cream. We are all about the same age and about the same cycling skills so had a great chat about bikes and cycle shoes, blah blah blah.

Now I still have to pack up all my gear which is spread around the dorm room like a teenager!!!!   But I am trying to download my video and it takes a LONG time and the internet doesn't work well in the room. I may have to abandon the download for a day or so. Should have done it earlier!!!!!!   Drat.

Anyway - we are now headed to Jasper. Let us pray that the skys will be blue and there is a tailwind all the way cause the next three days are going to be long - about 150 K each day. Apparently not too many hills.

Internet may be spotty so if you don't hear from me for a day or so - you will know why. I shall try to catch up on our rest day in Jasper.

Don't forget to go back and at least see all the pictures on the previous days. I have loaded a LOT of them. And NO quilt stores until Jasper.

Oh yes - if you go to Lynn's You Tube page - she has FOUR videos in total. Did you look at the others?????   They are neat to see and hopefully you will get to see mine. I will post the link if I succeed tonight.


On the way to dinner!!!!

Dinner - one half of the table (who got to look into the sun almost the entire meal)

The other half of the table (which dealt with the sun on their backs!)

Jim hunching down (and eating with his hat on at the table - he must have been desperate by this time because we told him to put the hat on way before and being the gentleman that he was - he could NOT bring himself to put the hat on)
He was the only one who ordered dessert and we got the waitress to give it to him on the house since he suffered with the sun the entire time!!!!

Anna had to stop for ice cream at Cold Stone on the way home

OK - all the girls had to stop for ice cream on the way home. It was after 9 PM when we staggered in!!!!
It sure cools off here at night. Anyway - it is now next morning and we will be getting ready to leave in a couple of hoursl. I CANNOT sleep in these dorm beds. I can't wait to sleep in my cozy little tent tonight. Sounds absolutely stupid.

HEY - you all know what is happening with me - don't forget to send me comments - I want to know what is going on with you!!!!!   If you do not have an account - simply make the comment anonymously (and sign your name in the comment).

Hope you are all doing well and HELLO Monday girls!!!!!!
Have a great day!!!!

Ciao!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. My legs ache just reading about all the uphill cycling you have done. Sorry, I can't send the sun your way as we are enjoying it after the last couple of miserable months. Enjoy sleeping in your tent, yes you are stupid! Kathy

    ReplyDelete