Thursday, July 14, 2011

Lake Louise to Banff

CRAP CRAP CRAP

Someone UNPLUGGED my Garmin and I had a DEAD battery this morning so NO STATS. Ask me if I am pissed off??????   No don't bother!!!!!   It wasn't even a question of not having the stats, but I am so used to riding with it that when I did not have it - I had NO clue where I was or how far I had gone. Thank goodness it was only a 60 KM day.

Jim, Mike, Mark and Spunky (Travis) decided to ride with us. Hmmm - does that mean they were tyring to get us moving faster????   Or were they bored and wanted to ride with us????   Or were they jealous of Larry hanging out with all the women?????   Whatever - it was fun to ride with them and we had a good pace going.

Spunky (Travis)

Jim with his helmet cam - getting video of us

We saw two BIG elk at one of the stops

Mark

ME - with my ribbon on my helmet!!!!!!!!   God - maybe I look like Mary Poppins!!!!!

Mike - I mean FAST Mike

Me leading the pack!!!!  (Oh how I wish!!!)

The pack from behind!

Oooops - got to remember to lift the camera ABOVE The bow!!!!!

Texas gate

Hey we BEAT the truck to the next campground, but then it was only 62 K for the day!!!!!!
 But despite the fact that it was only 62K, guess where our campground was. It was called Tunnel Mountain - does that give you a clue??????   Oh yes - we had to climb a HILL to get to the camp ground. Yeah!!!!!!

And the weather was pretty decent this day so that made it a great day!!!!!!

Once we arrived and got the camp sites organized - that seemed to take a LONG time - there was some mix-up, we decided to have a shower and take the BUS into Banff.


Anna with the COW at the COWS store where she at last was able to enjoy an ice cream. She did not get many of them on the trip.

Look TWO cones - well only one of them was hers
While we were in |Banff, we took a side trip to the drug store. I had a very sore spot on my butt. Since it wasn't a place I could see - I wasn't sure it was a bug bite which I suspect, but in the event it was something more serious, Dianne (a retired nurse) introduced me to DuoDerm (I think that is how you spell it) - anyway - it is a medicated, gel pad that you put on bed sores. I put that on my affected area and I was fine to ride the rest of the way. Did NOT want a potential blister busting open while I was on the bike. That would have been a disaster.
Me - on one of the main streets in Banff. Look at that view

Ev, Dianne and Anna waiting for the bus to get back to camp


Mike having a peaceful moment. The view from there was spectacular

Ev doing maintenance. Something I should have done that night, but I was too tired to care and only one more day. Let's just pray that things don't break down.
Were there mosquitos on our trip??????   Well let's ask Larry who I think got the worse of everyone. Here is his leg - COVERED with bites.

Well it was a sad night tonight as we put up our tents for the LAST time on this trip. OK - it wasn't SAD - we were jumping up and down.

Wasn't cold enough for a fire tonight and everyone went to bed early in anticipation of the LAST day. Let's hope for a good day.

Have a great day!!!!

Ciao!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment