Monday, July 18, 2011

What happens on a family vacation......

While my brother doesn't have any pets, two of their guests one night for dinner brought their dogs. We had fun with this one - Chewy - can you figure out where that name came from??????   This is a Brussels Griffin. And for the first time ever - this dog LOVED when you blew in its face.

Caroline and Chewy

We found out that there is a market on Saturday morning in downtown Pencticton. Great because the girls had been on my case to go to the market in Salt Spring which just wasn't going to happen this year.


Penticton market

How is this for a bike - an elliptical street bike!!!!!
 The girls had fun and bought sunglasses, jewellry and some clothes. Boy - these girls are HIGH MAINTENANCE.

Me - I checked out the quilt store (of course) and the used book store. You would not believe this book store - it was HUGE. I could have spent the entire day there. And they had a HUGE section of quilting books. Carol would have loved to dig through those. I did pick up a couple of historical books - they had a lot, but I couldn't remember what I had.

The girls waiting for me at the truck.

Glen cooking AGAIN!!!!!!!   All the weight I lost on the trip - I bet I put it all back on!!!
 One night at dinner there were two many adults to sit around the table so he set up a couple of TV trays for the over flow. At one point someone mentioned that we looked like judges!!!!!!   What do you think????

The judges - Glen, Elaine and Marilyn

Glen, Donna and Elaine

Later, the girls came up with their lap tops so they could "silently" chat to each other!!!

Chew and M (Notice the feathers that they had got attached to their hair!!!)

The weather hasn't been all that great but we have survived the weather. At least it isn't as bad as the heat back home.

And I love love love my iPad. I spent a bit of time fooling around with the apps - trying to find new apps and whatever. It is such a cool toy - well not really a toy.

OK - got one post to get up to date with our adventures.
Oh - and I will try to post pictures of all the goodies I bought at the quilt stores.

Have a great day!!!!

Ciao!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Don't 'dis' the heat back home - we were talking about it at MM today and we are all loving it - at least it feels like real summer! We are even making plans to meet at the pool - I think I'll be taking lessons from Marilyn and bringing along some 'provisions'!

    ReplyDelete