Thursday, April 6, 2017

Any which way (it isn't right!)

Good morning!  Got a bit more of an update on what happened at the retreat. I'm still working my way through the bags that I winged on the floor when I came home. 

But you know you're getting older when.....   you just can't stay up past your bedtime (10 PM) and function the next day!  That happened to me at the retreat. 10 PM on the first night and I NEEDED to go to bed. Same thing on the second day - 10 PM and I was out. I did manage to stay up a bit later on the last two nights but not too much and I was getting an extra hour of sleep by getting up at 6 AM, not 5.  So the night I did the trunk show, I was home by 11 PM -- not tired and actually still wide awake so I read for a bit.  I was fine all day yesterday, but last night - I was supposed to go to a meeting. I e-mailed them to say I wasn't going to make it and went to bed - at 6:30 PM.  Woke up at 4 AM and I'm good to go!

This was the next bag of stuff that was sitting on the table to take photos.  This is a project that we're doing at the guild. It's a mystery quilt and we're meeting tonight. Wouldn't it be grand if I could say the entire thing was up to date?  Well - it could have been, EXCEPT.......


Hmm - one of these doesn't belong

And even if I turn the darn thing - it still isn't right!
So yes - ONE block has to be remade. I haven't had time to cut it and of course, I have to remake the white/black combo (which I do NOT think I have any more of - so will have to disassemble the bad block and reuse those components!

First I broke Allie the Owl's wing (that was in yesterday's post) and then I messed up this!  If I would not have made this error - I COULD have been up to date.   That would have been a first for me. But I can remake the block this weekend and hopefully get it all together at the next sewing retreat.   I could possibly have a finished quilt to show at the end of the year?  Oh god - the world is coming to an end!


What did I do since I was up an extra hour this morning?  I got the rest of Fancy Forest cut!  It's in the sewing retreat pile (first project in bag number two!).  I've decided there are only going to be TWO project bags.  Two is plenty!  I also cut out two bags this morning and they will go into the project bag as well. There are a few more small things that will go in the bag and then - that's it!  I`m going to be more responsible!

As promised, here are the pictures from Wasaga Beach from Tuesday evening. The beach looks very inviting but COLD.  It was windy and the temperature wasn't exactly beach weather, but if I had my rubber boots - I would have taken a quick walk!

Wasaga Beach

Wasaga Beach

And while we're on the topic of nature, here's a shot from the retreat house. There is a big pond - where I come from, we would call this a slough.  But there is a pair of ducks that visit from time to time. It`s very hard to see, but this duck had BRILLIANT orange feet. He`s right on the back edge just slight to the left of the middle.

Spring is here - the ducks are back!


I`ll have a few more pictures for tomorrow from the retreat and one of these days, I need to get back to the long arm (weekend project) and the sewing machine. Trying to make a couple of items and write patterns for work projects.  The fun stuff never ends around here.

On that note, I`m out of here!

Have a super day!!!!

Ciao!




April 8  (Saturday) - West End Modern Quilt Guild (unofficial title!)   will be meeting from 10 AM - Noon.  This is the first meeting and we're trying to get a chapter of the Modern Quilt Guild started in the west end of the GTA.  The meeting will take place at Streetsville Kinsmen, 321 Queen Street, Streetsville.   Going to be an open discussion of the guild objectives, show n tell and how traditional quilts are the groundwork of the modern movement. A small fee will be charged to cover the room rental. E-mail me if you can't make it and want to be added to the e-mail list.

If you`ve e-mailed me, I`ll get to e-mail tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment