Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Don't waste my time!

I really hate to say that I'm usually pressed for time. I don't like it and I really want to get better with time management. If I could just have one week with nothing in it to catch up and then stay caught up - wouldn't that be a luxury? Unfortunately, you can't buy time so you try to be the most efficient with what you have.

I needed to get my winter tires on the car. I'm going up north to Earlton and North Bay this weekend for quilting/sewing machine events and I need to have those tires on the car. Oh, listen to me - I used to poo poo winter tires. I still think it's all a ploy, but now I'm so flipping paranoid because of everyone around me that I don't feel safe without them. I must be getting old and crotchety!

I paid a LOT of money to buy tires and RIMS so that it would be easy to get the tires on and off the car when it came time to change them. Last year, I left the car as it needed an additional service. It still took them HOURS to change the tires because they couldn't find the lug nuts which were in the back of the car with the tires. Seriously????

So yesterday, I'm off to get my tires changed. I was there for THREE hours. I wasn't happy by any means and I shall be writing to let them know of my extreme dissatisfaction with the level of service. They are good with a regular service but seem to be clueless when it comes to tires. I get it that this is a busy time of year. Then don't overbook!! After being there for 1 ½ hours, I decided to inquire about the status of my car, I was told that they were just starting on my car and they didn't realize my tires were on rims. Well - it's written all over the paperwork. How long does it take to change tires on rims? If you're a pit stop team, we're talking seconds. Honestly, I could probably have changed the stupid things myself in a much shorter period of time! I was fuming!

I may have made a HUGE mistake. I decided to store my tires with them. This was BEFORE the time SNAFU. How much do you want to bet, they screw that up when it comes times to switch the tires again. I can hardly wait for that!

At last, I was on my way back home, but it was now 2 PM and I hadn't had lunch. I wasn't a happy camper.

I still had a ton of work to do and although I took work with me, I took only enough for 1 ½ hours, not three. I had a book with me, but that wasn't the point. I would have planned my day totally differently if they had said the appointment would take three hours. DO NOT WASTE my time - it's as precious as for anybody else!!!

Now I was behind! I had lunch when I got home and then got to work. I had a quilt that was partially completed and I had embroidery to do. I got the quilt finished and it turned out great.

Customer quilt - DONE

And then I got an e-mail asking about some plans for today so that put me even further behind.

Needless to say, I went to bed late, got up early and I'm on track. Barely!

I do not know why it is that everytime I go away for a few days, the days leading up to the trip are crazy. I know life is normally crazy, but those days are totally insane and I've got two more days to go!!

Today's post is going to be short because I have something else that has to be done before I leave this morning.

Don't forget to check out QUILTsocial. I made a great little project.

Have a super day!!!!

Ciao!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment