Friday, November 9, 2018

Retreat - Day Two

I'm on time this morning. I "sleep in" here until 6 AM. I'm usually awake at 5, but you know there's a certain luxury to lying in bed and realizing that technically you don't have to get up. That's a very nice feeling.

I made great progress on my project yesterday. The embroidery was mostly done and had been finished early in the morning except for a few missed bits that I had to do throughout the day. It's mostly sewn together - I'm finishing it up as we speak. And there's a bit more embroidery to do but I hope to be completely done by lunch. Well - maybe slightly after lunch since we have some plans for a couple of hours at 9 AM.

Oops - had to move to a new location as my battery on the laptop was almost done.

Anyway - let's say that I'm super excited about my quilt. It's EXACTLY as I envisioned it and I love that. Designing and making my own quilts has been a great exercise. One of my biggest problems is envisioning something in my head and then translating it to something real. I'm getting much better at it and I'm super excited about that.

Yep - we were out running around again yesterday. I think I've been to the quilt store three times in two days. Now how could that be possible? If you have never been to Thimbles and Things in Orillia, then you better get yourself to that store. It's a small store but packed with goodies. We all feel that same way and last night we were having a discussion about it. Here's what we concluded. Everything in the shop is current and desirable. Sue's amazing at picking the latest and greatest products. Her samples are up to date and showcase beautiful fabrics. She gets rid of "dead" stuff - hence the bolt of fabric that's in my car - but we won't talk about that. Bottom line - if you've never been - you should take a drive. Sue is super friendly and remembers everyone's name. She's accommodating as much as you would expect from a shop owner. We love her!

A couple of things to mention to you. Quilts at the Creek. Mark those dates on your calendar (July 27 and 28) and get signed up for the two workshops!  They sound super exciting and I signed up last night. I'm only going to take one and I can't wait! Well - a lot has to happen before then, but I'm signed up. Now I just need to remember that I signed up. Not like two years ago when I signed up twice for the same class. Not happening this time!  To get the description of the first workshop - click on the register box and you'll get the information. You can come out and see some amazing quilts, you can volunteer and take workshops.  It's going to be loads of fun. Mark those dates!!!!

Retreats are sew much fun!!! The weather has been pretty crappy - rain and cool but that's way better than snow and cold. It just means that we haven't been able to get out for a walk. I did wear my new rain boots yesterday and I'm loving that neoprene top. They are super comfortable and they were very warm as I wore them with no socks.

It's great to sit around at meal time and chat and catch up. There are some amazing projects being worked on here as well. I hope to get some pictures of some of them.

I'm sleeping like a log here. To bed a wee bit later than normal, but then as I said, I can laze around for a bit before I'm guilted (by myself) to get up and start sewing. This current project will be done today. I don't care if I don't go to bed, but it will be done!  A few more seams and the main part is done. Then adding a couple of borders - it's very doable for today.

Well, I'm a dolt. I moved to a new location so I could plug in the laptop which I did. But I forgot to connect the two parts of the cord so the laptop just went blank. Thank goodness for auto-save!

It's going to be short and sweet today - I'm teaching the group a class this morning on rope bowls so that's going to be super fun!!!  I wonder how much trouble I'm going to have with them? They are known trouble makers to be sure!

Before I go, check out the latest Cherrywood Challenge. Eight colors!!!  It's going to be an interesting one. Sign me up - where do I get the fabric??? I guess I'm going to have to go to Cotton Harvest Quilt Shop in Seaforth to get my challenge fabric. She has the challenge announced on her Facebook page so I'm guessing she will be selling the challenge bundle. This time - I'm starting early!

Have a super day!!!

Ciao!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment