Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Thanks Bonnie!!!


Oh my - Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville mentioned my Halloween quilt and my Designer Spotlight (from Quiltmaker magazine) on her blog yesterday. Thanks so much Bonnie!!! You can click on the link to see her blog post.

One thing about these family visits. Our immediate family is spread out across the country. It’s kind of weird because we don’t spend much time with cousins, mostly aunts and uncles (three of five are now gone). Anyway - we don’t spend much time together unlike some families who live very close and whose conversations probably concern daily matters.

Since we don’t meet often, our conversations (especially since my Dad’s sister and Dad are together for the first time in 10 years), the chat is about days gone by. It’s very fascinating to hear all the stories and wish we could be recording the entire thing.

However, one must also realize that when this generation is gone, the younger generation will have no concern for them. It’s kind of sad, but that’s just the way of life. What matters dearly to us now won’t be given a second thought when we’re gone and that includes our stuff!!!

My brother, aunt and myself took a drive out to the farm and we ended up driving around the country, visiting a cemetery and had a grand time checking out stuff. We ran into a cousin of mine and had a wee chat with him as well.

This is the kind of thing that I never thought I’d be interested in and now it’s a fascinating subject.

I managed to get the label on one of the quilts that I brought with me. I started to sew the binding on that small wall hanging. It’s about half done. I should have no problem getting all the labels and sleeves sewn on before I leave. Let’s just say that it has to happen.

The one thing about being here- I’m NOT active at all. My FitBit almost went into cardiac arrest yesterday from lack of use!! I MUST take a walk today.

Have a great day!!!

Ciao!!

And that’s about it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment