Friday, October 9, 2020

A lucky day!

 The good news - the pattern is written! Yikes - it's like three patterns in one! If you want to see what the quilt looks like, check out this link. I shouldn't lead you to that website until the pattern is absolutely read to go, but I will anyway. Months ago, I agreed to design a quilt for Quilts of Valour. I would make the quilt in Northcott's Oh Canada collection, and I would make a second quilt using one of Northcott's basics (I chose Dublin)

The quilts were to be unveiled at Quilt Canada. That didn't happen. Now the quilts are on the website, and the patterns are "ready" for YOU to buy except that my pattern isn't quite finished. In fact, I made three different versions because you could insert a panel into the center of the quilt. I'll post all the information by Monday because I want this totally off my plate by Monday. If you click on the picture of Beads and Baubles, you'll see the second colorway. 

I'll show you the pictures of the quilts on Monday as well. 

I need ONE last proofing of the pattern. The last thing I want is for someone to discover a mistake in the pattern. It's an easy pattern to make, but I just want to make sure that things are in order, especially the fabric requirements.  

So be sure to support Quilts of Valour and buy my pattern or one of the others on the website. 


Speaking of Quilts of Valour, I need to get myself back in the long arm quilting saddle. I have so many quilts to quilt, and I need to purchase those two rolls of batting (thanks to everyone who donated to that cause). I didn't get any quilting done yesterday. 


So I'm almost out of the woods on the pattern writing task, but there's a LONG list of other writing things. Thankfully, NONE of them should take the same amount of time. If you've never written a quilt pattern, you can't imagine how challenging the task is! And if you wonder why a pattern designer did something one way versus another? I bet it's because it was easier to explain one way versus the other! I think I might need to add two diagrams to the pattern to make it easier to decipher. Never mind that I had to create a cutting chart for one of the fabrics because I chose a directional print for the panel version. Now, why did I do that? I don't know, but it caused extra writing issues and the need to create the cutting diagram. Sigh................


I needed a break yesterday, so I decided to go to the grocery store. It was bright and sunny out and looked like a great day for a walk. I decided to take the girls. How could I refuse those puppy dog eyes? Once I started walking, I noticed the sky, it looked a bit threatening of rain. Seriously?? The sun is beaming down on me. As I approached the grocery store, it started to rain. And this didn't look like a sprinkle of rain. I tied the girls up outside the store and went inside. I did my groceries, and as I was checking out, I saw that it was POURING rain. Oops! 

As I left, it suddenly stopped. The girls were a bit wet (they have fur coats to handle rain), and they were happy to see me. Then we walked home, and by the time I got home, the sun was shining furiously again. It was a bizarre day!


The last presentation of the week went off without a hitch yesterday! Again - knocking on wood. Can the internet link be stabilized? I hope so because it makes the presentation so much more relaxing. I see that a few more presentations got booked yesterday!! I'm booked solid between now and the beginning of December. Well, there are open time slots, of course, but I'm doing anywhere between 6 and 10 presentations a week for the next 6 or 7 weeks!! 


I'm getting good at it and can flip between the cameras and microphones to sharing my screen for PowerPoint presentations, software, my cell phone, and showing off the sewing/embroidery machines. The presentations are almost all prepped, so hopefully, it'll be less stressful as I go through the next couple of weeks. I still have samples to make - that job will never end!


I did sneak in an hour or so yesterday to sew on something for me. Well, it was one of the late homework assignments. I'm almost done, and I should be able to get that homework out tomorrow. Yeah - I'm almost caught up on all the written stuff that I owe people. Then it's going to be time to start all over again!!!


I MUST get working on my UFO homework. I assigned a lot, and I don't want to cough up any money. Besides, I want those projects DONE. Today is set aside for sewing all day - well, most of the day!


Yes, there is a Virtual Retreat on October 17 and 18th. It's going to start late on Saturday evening and then all day Sunday. I'll be posting times next week, along with the Zoom links. 

No quilt-related pictures this morning, but I have pictures from my walk in the forest with Lexi. It's absolutely gorgeous with the leaves right now. 


Lexi in the forest


I get to see the sunrise -well sort of as it's through the trees. 


The sunrise through the trees

I was browsing the internet yesterday, and a thought came to me. Christmas! I know - it's not even Thanksgiving yet. But you know how we're cutting down on sending Christmas cards each year? Each year, the number of cards that I get is less and less. With all of us being shut in, why not dig out our Christmas card stashes and send them to people??? 

Wouldn't it be exciting to see cards set up all over the house? I dug out my stash of cards, and if you want to receive a card from me, I'll send you one! I'm starting to write NOW because I'm so slow. But what a treat that would be to receive a written note in a card. So if you want me to send you one, send me an e-mail with your address.  Send it now so that you forget we talked about this, and when you get the card, it'll be a total surprise!!!  elainetheriault@gmail.com 


On that note, I'm out of here! Loads to do today, but no time commitments per se, and that feels great!!!


Have a great day!!!!


Ciao!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment