Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Missed by a mile (or two)

 

Oh my goodness - do you want a good laugh?? 

I was so proud of myself for driving all the way to get a picture of that barn block. I sent them off to Sue at Thimbles and Things. Well, I got an e-mail last night to say that I had the right block, but the WRONG BARN!!!  That's hilarious!!! But it wasn't entirely my fault!


Sue did give us the address where the block they chose was on - Old Fort Road. I knew the name of the block, so I searched on the map by the block name. And I found that block on Vasey Road. If you look at the map, Vasey Road is where the quilt block picture is, and Old Fort Road is where the blue raindrop is. 





AHA -- it appears that the "real" block was not officially on the list. The location is there, but no block picture and no block name. So when I searched, only the one Dutchman's Puzzle came up. But what's hilarious is that they are very close to each other!! I could easily have driven to the correct barn. I got an extra point anyway as I wasn't the only one who goofed on this. 

I did get quite the chuckle as I read her e-mail! I guess I should pay more attention to the details! I was just excited to go, that's all!


I'm happy to report that the pattern is technically off my plate. I sent the cover this morning, and I'm waiting to see if they want to make any changes to the cover. If the answer is no, then the pattern is done. I'm just behind in one other writing assignment, and it won't take long. All the photos are done, so it just needs to be written. Later this morning!


And for those of you who have signed up for classes with me, I've sent an e-mail for the EQ8 Beginner class and the Binding by Machine class. If you have signed up for those but did NOT get an e-mail, then send me a note today, and I'll get you signed up. I received so many e-mails that I might have missed one or two. 


We had Monday sewing yesterday. The internet wasn't cooperating as it went down twice, but after that, it seemed to stabilize, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for today as I have two presentations. 


I got a fair amount of sewing done yesterday. Everything seems to take much longer than planned, even if everything is cut out. 


I got the bottom insert finished for this tote bag. Technically, that's a completed UFO that wasn't even on the UFO list. 

Tote bag - totally finished


Then I worked on some homework for one of the ongoing classes. I was so happy - I made the first block, put it on the wall, and OH CRAP. I reversed two of the colors even though I wrote on my pattern, which was which! So I had to redo those blocks. It looks awesome, but I can't show you as the class gets to see it first!!  Let's just say that Lady Luck was at my side. After the mixup with the fabrics, I had JUST enough of one of them to cut the correct pieces. That was LUCKY!!!!


Oh, I also got my block done for the Spectrum Quilt A Long for QUILTsocial. That's what I need to write today so it can be posted. Here are the instructions for the second block as per Claire, but don't forget that Paul and I are also adding our two cents to the blocks, so watch for those this week. 


I don't think I posted my latest two blocks in the Vintage Christmas Sew a Long. 


The wreath block

The locomotive block


There are only two more blocks to go, and then we are done with the blocks. Then the fun task of sewing it all together to make a quilt. I haven't quite decided what I'm doing yet. I need to get those design walls cleared off, so I can put these blocks up! I'm getting there!!


I finished quilting this small quilt, and it's also ready for trimming. The next one is loaded and ready to go this morning. 



Customer quilt - DONE

I went for a long walk yesterday afternoon, and yep - that guy was standing at the bus stop. Just standing there and looking at the townhouses across the street. He was holding a mask that looked like he had picked up off the street (I know - disgusting!) and a small notebook filled with handwriting. It's truly bizarre. 

I'm excited about the Christmas cards. I'm going to have to start writing soon to keep up my end of the bargain! It's going to be fun though to send out cards. I think it's time that we get back to the slower pace that we used to have. I'm OK with that. I'm so busy right now that I don't have time to travel (unless it's to get pictures of me with a barn quilt). 

I still have a rather large box of cards sitting here, and I haven't got a commitment for all of them yet! So send me an e-mail if you want me to send you a card. elainetheriault@gmail.com

Speaking of getting back to basics, check out Janice's blog. I think so many of us are in the same boat - no need to buy more fabrics and the need to reevaluate what we do with our time. I don't need to do that - I'm having fun doing what I am right now. 


It sure seems that I'm writing a LOT these days. Once a week, I get the stats from Grammarly and WOW - I write a lot each week. Last week = 82,000 words!!! That's hilarious because the AVERAGE length of a novel is between 50,000 and 100,000. I could write a book a week! Well, I do a LOT of editing, and I use Grammarly to help. It's a great tool if you're into writing, and I'm thrilled that I purchased the upgrade. It's great, although I sometimes struggle with the Passive Voice. I'm getting better. 




That's it for today!!


Have a super day!!!!


Ciao!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment