Monday, August 2, 2021

Practice what you preach

 

OK -- so I did it! I am my mother's daughter - there's no denying it, especially when it comes to tossing stuff that seems valuable. I HATE to throw stuff away, but unlike my mother, I'm able to do it - I'm just slow. 

I had a peek at some of the stuff in my paper pile that's on the floor. OK -- I can easily get rid of some of this stuff. What did I get rid of? 

To show you that I'm not a slacker, here's my recycling bin BEFORE I started tossing stuff. YES - I try to keep up with the tossing, and I fill that darn bin once a week. If I'm not adding stuff from around the house, I'm at least keeping up with anything that comes into the house. 


The recycle bin in my office



My goal is to clean that table off in the center of the room by the end of August. It's going to happen a little bit at a time. I'm good with that. It's all about progress, and baby steps are better than no steps. 

I started with the Electric Quilt software. I mean, how many versions of the software does one need? 

I have the original packaging for EQ6 and EQ7. Because of the licensing, there is no selling this or passing it along to someone else. Besides, two other things come to mind. First - I doubt it will work on Windows 10, which most of us now have on our computers. And secondly, if you want to work with the Electric quilt software, I recommend you go to the Electric Quilt Version 8. It really is better than these ones. 


Old software

And when I went through the boxes, I found the disk for EQ5. Yep - I've been using that software for quite a while. 


Electric Quilt 5 software


I'm happy to report that the manuals are in the recycling bin, the disks are in the garbage, and I think there was ONE little envelope I saved for art journaling!


Old software manuals in the recycling bin



And that was all I did in the clean-up department. I've got a lot more to do, and I'll grab something else today and work on that. I have other things that have to be done, so I'll eke out a few minutes here and there. There's a box of old financial stuff on the table, and I bet I could whip through that very quickly one day. But I digress -- a little bit at a time! Besides, as much as I want this done, I'd rather be sewing! God -- where are my priorities? I could get stuff much quicker and have more time to sew if I focused a wee bit more on the clean-up!

I did spend most of the day in Studio B. I got the backing and the binding made for the double wedding ring, so when I'm ready to quilt it next week, it'll be a go. 


The backing and binding for the double wedding ring quilt


I got this quilt quilted. 

Customer quilt - DONE


And I wasn't ready to stop at that one, so I loaded one of the community projects quilts and got that done as well. I have one more of these to quilt, and then I'll have three to pass along to my MIL so she can bind them. I also found THREE quilt tops that she can sew together. They are the string blocks that we made. That should keep her busy for a couple of days. 

Community project quilt - DONE



The girls at the retreat got me this water bottle which I already shared with you. I was curious about how much water it holds. I measured it yesterday -- ONE liter! Oh boy -- that means I need to drink TWO of these containers in a day. I don't drink nearly enough water, so this will be a good measure! 


One liter water bottle




I also filled THREE more boxes of stuff to be dropped off at the thrift store. Actually, I think there are four boxes and a tub that can go. I'll take a wee drive sometime this week to make that happen, and I'll see if I can stop and get my speaker as well. I hope there won't be any line-ups during the week. And I wonder if they will even have the speaker in the store? So much is done online now!!!

I finished my audiobook yesterday. What a thriller. I love when the ending is NOT what you would expect! Luckily one of the ones on hold came in, so I'm good to go for today. Yep -- back into reading big time!

Well, it's time to get the day started! More quilts to quilt, sewing to do, writing, and paper to clear up! It's like I'm on a giant merry go round and it doesn't ever seem to stop!

I haven't given you a decluttering task in a long time. So why not have one for today. Software -- what software do you have around the house that you can get rid of. Do NOT let your husband see you do this. But look at the system requirements. If it doesn't work on your computer, what's the sense of keeping it around??? 

If you want a quilt done in September, there are one or two spots left! Did you get the newsletter from Thimbles and Things this morning? As I mentioned yesterday, the newsletter highlighting the classes (30 of them) will be out on THURSDAY. If you did NOT get the newsletter, here is the link to SIGN up for the newsletter so you will see the classes on Thursday. I do NOT know if the classes will be posted on their website. I doubt it. 

And on that note, I'm out of here!!

Have a super day!!!!


Ciao!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment