Friday, August 20, 2021

Everywhere a sign..............

 OH MY GOSH  --- I LOVE the comments from yesterday's post about how the impact of having only one car! And I'm not alone in not wanting DH to drive my standard, so that makes me feel good! I guess we'll just have to put on a "wait and see" attitude for the moment and see how long before his car completely dies. Then it'll be decision time. 

And if I were reasonable, we would attempt the trial with my car. I'm not sure how reasonable I can be. Maybe he'll learn to drive properly? 😂

I'm not known for getting things done way in advance of the deadline. Nope -- I'm usually sliding into home plate at the same time the catcher is swinging his mitt down to tag me out! He always misses - by a hair! Well, not that I'm bragging or anything, but I'm well past home plate, and the ball isn't caught yet! Now, how the heck did that happen? The bigger question is - how long will that last? 

I have three classes this weekend, and two presentations are DONE. That means all the sewing is done, and the pictures are edited and posted into the presentation. I may have to add the odd homework assignment photo in today as they arrive, but two of three are done!

I confess that it does feel a bit relaxing - too relaxing? For the third presentation, the sewing is mostly done, the pictures are taken, and they need to be edited and loaded. I might actually get all the written notes done, so they are ready to be SENT when the class is over. Oh gosh -- I've been kidnaped and replaced by someone else! 

I'm not getting to the long arm but maybe later today. But that's OK. 

As I sat and edited pictures yesterday, I thought of something. Let's say that I take a picture of something square - like 9 blocks. The ratio of my phone camera is not square, and I get a rectangular picture. So then I spend time cropping that picture to remove more of the background. It's not necessary - it just drives me crazy to see all that extra background in the picture. 

Then I remembered that we can change the RATIO of the picture in our camera settings. So I tried it -- I set the ratio to 1:1 instead of 3:4, and I got square photos! DUH!!!!!  That should save some time -- not a lot, but all the time I can save is great. Then I just change it back to 3:4, which takes a "normal" picture. 

The ratio functions for taking a picture


That little RATIO icon should be at the top of your camera screen - at least on the Galaxy S10, it is. 



Speaking of cameras -- can you believe that my phone contract is up TOMORROW. And not that I'm excited, but I might just wander over to the mall tomorrow to see what can be done! 



When I went for a walk last night, I noticed some signs around the neighborhood. I had my phone with me this time, so I could take some pictures. 


I see that another house has been sold. It only took a couple of days, but look at what the sign says! I thought it was going to say, "SOLD over asking." Nope --- I wonder what this means? Did the buyer price the house low, and that's all he got? 


Sold at a fraction of the cost

And our Federal Government has called an election for September 20. Good grief -- do we really need that at this point in time? Mere days after the election was called, the signs have started popping up on lawns and fences. 



Red signs

Blue signs


I always wonder about the signs. How many people vote and literally vote for the name they have seen the most in the area? I bet it happens and probably more often than we realize. Sigh................

Someone sent me this picture yesterday, and I got a laugh from it. This is Hobo Kitty - helping his human to hand stitch binding in place. I wonder how much stitching got done? He looks pretty serious about his job of entangling the thread. 





Hobby Kitty binding a quilt



I didn't spend the entire day sewing - I was off to the spa for a facial. Oh boy --- she slathered on the oils and lotions, and my skin felt so greasy for the rest of the day. Let's not go into how much of that oil and lotion got in my hair! But it did feel nice. Then back home for a three-hour call. Then I got to sew!

I'm making great progress on those pinwheels that came from the little half-square triangles that were leftover from some project. I don't even recognize these fabrics, so they must have been given to me? No idea. 


Mini pinwheel blocks


This is what I have left to press and do the second seam. 


A bit of pressing to do

And here's my little bag of the darn things. I'm crazy -- I know, but I love working with these little things. It's just my nature!


All the pinwheels so far


Have you ever noticed how many things there are to entertain you? I subscribe to some YouTube channels, which I rarely explore. I think I need to unsubscribe from some of them, which I did this morning. Now I must check the shows to see if I really want to watch them. 

Then there are audiobooks, and regular books, the radio, Spotify, and I haven't even touched the other streaming services. Let's not forget the blogs, magazines, books, etc. How does one keep up with it all? PRIORITIZE  -- what do you really want to watch or listen to and then go for it! I'm back watching episodes of The Quilt Show with Ricky Tims and Alex Anderson. I'm only in the 700 series, so I've got LOADS to entertain me. 

So speaking of bad dogs -- Lexi is no angel. Our deck is open from under the shed and at one corner. I do believe that we have rabbits that hide under there from time to time. Well, yesterday, guess where Miss Lexi was? Yep -- UNDER the deck and very far under the deck. And she's talking  - to the rabbit? I don't know, but it's pretty funny. 



If you didn't know, you'd think she was stuck, but NO, minutes after this video was taken, she was out and happy as a clam. The best part, at least, is that she comes out clean. One bizarre thing - Lexi has no issue with the small space under the deck but hates a closed-in room? Now, what's that all about? 

And if Murphy went under the deck, which I don't think she does, she would come out filthy and covered in dirt, grass, and mud. Sigh.....................

On that note, I'm off to yoga this morning and then back home to work!!!


Don't forget the Virtual Retreat this weekend. Here are the links. 


Saturday - August 21 from 6 PM - 9 PM

Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89254233911?pwd=VGQrTnFybW1HMWpleHA4M2Q2NGVwZz09 Meeting ID: 892 5423 3911 Passcode: 982797


Sunday - August 22 from 10 AM - 8 PM

Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87246635892?pwd=VGY1cUUyLzRaRi9VUVV2ZWFINXc2dz09 Meeting ID: 872 4663 5892 Passcode: 440473


Have a super day!!!!



Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment