Monday, June 6, 2011

Zentangles revisited

Oh yes - if you are looking for that water bottle check out this web site

Clean Bottle

They are cycling bottles, but perfect for everyday use as well.


I will say a while ago (well last weekend - everything is blurring together), I took a class in Zentangles. I thought I would share the projects with you. This is such a fun thing - just need to find the time to make it happen. My problem is that I never think to do it when I have a few minutes of down time. The same way I don't think to do my ab exercises or stretches when I have a few minutes. I need a list tattooed to my arm or a Post It on my forehead to remind me!!!!   A clipboard - maybe I need a clipboard!!!!!!   Anyway - I digress..........

We started off with the small tiles and believe it or not - these two photos (one tile per person) were created from the SAME INSTRUCTIONS. So different each of them. Mine is top left of bottom photo.




Then we moved onto fabric. The idea was to make a journal cover.  Here is what was created!!!!   It will blow your socks off. None of them were completely done.



Mine on the right (very static compared to the others - OK - so I need to practice flowing lines!!!!)







Aren't they amazing????????


The next pictures are pictures from the teacher - Deb. I am going to have Deb come back to my house in the fall if anyone is interested in learning how to do Zentangles or learning more advanced stuff. All of Deb's stuff below is on fabric.







So creative!!!!!!!    Just makes you want to drop EVERYTHING and just play play play. I am learning (OK - so I am a SLOW learner) that the only way to make that happen is to schedule time for those activities. It is so easy to get caught up in other things and then the time is gone. I do NOT want to schedule my entire week - I like the flexibility, but this is getting crazy.

I very much want to host an AFTERNOON ART class in the fall. The premise is that we will spend some time on a Sunday afternoon exploring different things. Watercolour pencils, SHIVA sticks, beading, couching, embellishing, felting, etc. etc. I would like to make it a club type thing where it happens once a month. That has to get scheduled in. I think it will be a lot of fun. Watch for the signups on that.

Yesterday was a GORGEOUS day to be out on the bike. The temperature was perfect, the sky was crystal clear, minimal wind - honestly - I felt so ALIVE. Ironic now when I think about it as I got word later in the day that someone had committed suicide. Very sad.

Anyway - Anna and I cranked out 56 K - At one point we ended up in a middle of the cycle part of a tri-tri (a small triathlon). It was nice because that part of the road was closed to traffic (more or less) and we just cranked it up and booted past those people.

Well TWO posts in one day. Not much sewing happening!!!   But I hope to change that this week - time is running out before I leave and I need to get my butt in gear.

Have a great day!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment