Monday, November 11, 2013

IRON man challenge - Day Two


Oh boy - I have to shut my brain off!!!!   It gets these ideas and then that idea just expands and next thing you know - I am in trouble!!!!


My idea is that we are going to whip those ironing boards of yours into shape. But then I thought we could spend the entire week discussing what supplies you need for the ironing/pressing part of quilting, how to store them, etc.

This exercise is as much for me as it is for you. While my "like" things are together and I showed a picture of my ironing supplies the other day. Well here are the individual pictures.







I do have a few other things related to pressing and I am going to address them this week. Because I need to make sure that all those supplies are worth keeping!!!!

I did receive one before/after picture of an ironing board.
BEFORE - the only pressing/ironing thing I see on that cluttered board is the IRON!!!!!!   Ronda's board hangs out in the hall and becomes a catch all for EVERYTHING. 


Now it is tidied up. I just hope that everything on it went into a HOME and not shuffled to another surface!!!!!!



Since this board is not very well located in the hall, it will ALWAYS be the catch all. What I would do is look for an alternate solution. Move the ironing board or only bring it out when you sew. Perhaps a stacking shelf (or rolling set of drawers). Then there is MINIMAL surface for things to get placed on. Label the drawers - one for everyone. Baskets work well - again label them. You also need to get the family involved in this cleaning process particularly if your sewing space is in a shared family space.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo - where are the rest of the pictures?????   Oh - I see - you are telling me that your ironing board is already clean. Or you are not interested??  Not committed????  Too embarrassed???    


Anyway - I have Monday Motivators so I must run. But I am happy to report that I made it to spin class this morning. I am taking the antibiotics and Advil and things have settled down with my tooth. Almost pain free, but I don't think it will go away until the root canal actually happens.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. well as to a picture of my ironing board it is the only space in my sewing room that is clear, the rest of the room , weellll it really needs help happy sewing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. |Excellent - then you get a break this week!!!!

      Delete
  2. My ironing board is folded up and is only brought out when I need it. Even my small tabletop ironing board is folded up and tucked away until needed.

    Maryv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary

      That is awesome!!! There is NO danger that your board is going to get cluttered! Good job.

      Delete