Thursday, April 3, 2014

What are the odds?????




So - the past month has been Tim Horton's Roll up the Rim contest. Hmmmm - after checking the official rules, (which are white lettering on RED background - my eyes are BLINDED right now!!!) it would appear that there are MILLIONS of food prizes, plus 40 cars and in honour of FIFTY years of business (that we supported), they added TEN additional cars.

Bottom line - the chances of winning are ONE in SIX (for food items - coffee or donut).

The contest started on February 17 (approximately). So let's do some math - that is 13 days in February, 31 days in March and we won't count April (although there are still medium cups at our local restaurant that are Roll up the Rim).

By my math - 17 (days in Feb) and 31 (days in March) - that is 48 days. I would estimate that over those days, I purchased an average of 1.5 cups per day - could be more, could be less - likely MORE.  That makes 72 cups. If the odds of winning are 1 in 6 - then I should have won TWELVE items.

I have heard a lot of people (myself included) that they are buying a LOT of Tim's and NOT winning.

Hmmmmm - I see FOURTEEN winning rims!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOWEVER - we found ONE of the winning rims (I know - you are wondering why I save them up - just obsessive I guess). Now I can enjoy FREE tea for a couple of days.

And then I think DH won about four of those, so what I actually won - was NOT 1 in 6. Plus I am sure that I bought MORE than 1.5 cups per day. OK - so Tim Horton's - ARE YOU LISTENING - your ODDS ARE OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!    And I'm not the only one complaining!!!!!!!!!!!


Here are my WINNING RIMS from last year.  (I know - you can STOP shaking your head) - Don't forget - I am a Virgo and we LOVE this kind of stuff. 

Still - I think the odds this year were a bit skewed.  However the legalese in the rules has them covered.

I did notice that yesterday - at my local restuarant - SOMEONE won a car!!!!!!!!   That is the closest I will get to winning a car. There were FIVE available in Ontario.



Wasn't that interesting!  


OK - off for a day of SEWING.

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment