Sunday, April 22, 2012

Christmas Club show n tell - April

Yes - it was time for the Christmas Club show n tell. Wow - amazing how quickly time creeps up. And it seems that I am never ready - well I have been in the past, but I did not have my homework done for this class. NOTE TO SELF - get caught up this month. I don't think there are any rush jobs or big deadlines in May. Wait - I am sure something will pop up.

Let's start with Critter Christmas................



The homework was the chickadee and the stars - second row on the right hand side. Let's see what the group did..................


The homework


I thought I would show you a close up of the chickadee block. Amazing how each block looks different depending on the style of applique



Nice big satin stitch

Unfinished (it will be done in the summer)

Buttonhole (blanket stitch)

A touch of rick rack and FLUFF

By hand with some embroidery and cord from MEXICO!!!!!!

A few threads to trim off, but the veins were done by machine

And then there is Karen. NOPE - she is making something completely different (yet the same) as all of us. Can't wait to see the end product!!!!!


Hmmm - I swear that Virginia sent me a note with her pictures, but for the life of me I CANNOT find them.


Next is the show n tell from O Tanneubaum................


The School house block







Ooops - that would be Mozart's house on the right. 

Can't see the forest for the trees!!!!!

One more tree...............



What an amazing show n tell. The girls (and Tony) did a great job with all the homework.


All these quilts are going to be amazing.

Then we had some regular (as if regular fits this group) show n tell......................
Karen made this doll by Elinor Peace Bailey (this is the quilt critic - I have forgotten her name now). She isn't too thrilled with the quilt she is analyzing 


Some of the group are participating in a 9-patch exchange. This is a quilt that Tony made with 9-patches. Pretty awesome.



Last night I had a dream. It isn't often that I remember my dreams but I SWEAR that my dream was telling me where I had used that bias tape maker and it was in my studio somewhere. I got up and I searched - but I did not find the bias tape maker - which isn't a big deal since I have a new one - but I thought I would check. Then today in my machine quilting class - one of the students had a box with them and in the box was the GIANT bias tape maker. Since I already had my own - no need to borrow - but I would have borrowed it - oh yes. 

Anyway - in my searching this morning - I came across this box. Hmmmmmm - what is in the box???   I pulled it off the shelf and OMG - the BOX was from THE QUILT PATCH in Moose Jaw. What??????   I don't remember ordering anything from them. I open the box - OH YES - now I remember. I DESPERATELY wanted some chenille fabric - black with the chenille in squares. I must have searched on-line and found it at their store. 


See - there is their return address


Hmmmm - now what date do you think was on the box??????????  



Yep - that would be April 21, 2004. Guess I wasn't that desperate since I haven't used the chenille yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



As I was searching - something else came to mind and I dug out this basket of scraps. I exactly need this kind of scrap for another project that is looming on my radar. How convenient - no cutting necessary - I am just going to dig through this basket and make my project.

I love that - I use up a basket of scraps - my project gets done and it is a WIN WIN for everyone. And technically it isn't a new project since it was on the map from last year.


Scrap basket.
Let's just say that next year when I make up the list for 2013 - I shall be a bit more discriminating????  I really am making progress - there is just a LOT of stuff to get done.


OK - well on that note - it is time to get back to work on the samples for the CreativFestival. Only FOUR more days and I've a lot of work to do.



Have a great day........................


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Tony's 9-patch quilt is just awesome. The simple 9-patch can be so versatile in the right hands.

    ReplyDelete