Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Oooops - I did it AGAIN!!!!!


Yesterday was a GREAT DAY. The second deadline quilt got finished - the facing, the label, the topstitching and clipped all the threads and even had an hour to spare before Carla came to pick it up. AHHHHHHHHH. Oh yes - let's not forget the TWO articles that are due for that magazine by Friday.

She loved the quilt and took lots of pictures for the magazine. Let's hope that some she took at my house will end up in the magazine. We'll have to wait and see for that.

However if you are interested in seeing what I have been working on - it will be revealed at the CreativFestival - April 27 and 28 at the International Centre (that's the one in Mississauga and FREE parking).

I actually did some more tidying up as things have gotten a bit out of hand with all the rushing. And the paperwork - let's not talk about the paperwork.

Pat came over as she needed a lesson in using bias tape makers and making Celtic blocks. Now here is one reason to be ORGANIZED. I brought out my box on Celtic and my box on bias. I didn't bother to look in them - why should I? All my tools will be in the appropriate box. CRAP AFTER Pat arrived, I checked the box for the bias tape maker and they are NOT in the box. You are KIDDING ME!!!!!!!    I quickly checked a couple of places it might be, but no luck. Thank goodness Ruti's is close - a quick call and a speedy subsequent trip and we were back in business. I still have no idea where those tape makers are.

NOTE TO SELF: ALL TOOLS must be returned to their appropriate box. They MUST not remain in the project box. I am sure as I go through them all, I will find LOTS of tools - stuff that I had to repurchase because I couldn't find the original. My only consolation - I am MUCH better than I was.

And it was one of those days - I could take on the world!!!!  BUT I did NOT start any new projects - but I could have and didn't!!!!!   As Pauline would say - OUT OF THE QUESTION!!!!!    Thanks Pauline!!!

So here are a few pictures to play catch up on things that have been happening...................

When we were in Huntsville, we always stop at the Salvation Army Thrift store - you never know what you will find. Look what Marian found for ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another letter E - yeah - I am getting quite a collection now!!!!!!

So I am at the cash paying for my letter E, when I spot something on the cash that caught my eye. I ask - "Is that for sale?????"   The lady said "yes" and I said - "I will take that". Look at what I found.................


Case with SIXTY-TWO spools of Sulky thread - side one

The other side of the Sulky case


I paid $30 for it. I thought that was a pretty good deal considering I got the case and 62 spools most of which had NOT been used or were barely used.


Got home from the retreat and checked the mail and look what I got................


My yoga bag pattern!!!!!!
 Now I just have to wait to get the fabric from Carol - that should be this weekend. Damn Pauline, but I am going to MAKE THIS BAG. Hopefully it won't take that long.


And then yesterday in the mail - we got these. How my Mom can always remember to get things mailed so they arrive on time is beyond me. She is MUCH more organized than I am.

Easter Card for M

Easter Card for ME
 She likes doing the stitched cards so almost all have an element of stitching on them.


And then I got back to my BBB projects. This is a panel that is half quilted, but NO BINDING. So that was easy to just make the binding.

Binding for Barbie panel

I think I am ONE WEEK behind, but that is not a big deal to catch up on one.



Then I got busy and finished the blocks for the This and That Mystery that has been going on since January. I am excited about the new fabric choice and this morning, I sewed the nine blocks together.


Center of quilt from This and That Mystery number 3
 So I am VERY excited about getting this done and THEN I looked at at the pattern. Do you see what I see?????

The original design

For some reason on EVERY ONE of these mysteries I have screwed up. I think it looks OK as it is and I will leave it like that. I sewed the top row on the bottom and bottom row on the top. Well I inverted those two outer rows because when it was on the wall in block form - it looked like the original. Oh CRUDE - did it AGAIN!!!!!!!   Have to get more of the green for the inner border and binding, then I can finish it off.

And then back to Farmer's Wife. I did manage to get all the blocks organized by month - well what the homework will be each month - so that is good to get that decision out of the way.  So now I am playing catch up.


One more block from Farmer's Wife
 I still have TEN blocks to catch up on this month's homework and then TEN blocks to get ahead. Never mind that I have to work even further ahead to get the summer homework done.

And I am running into another problem. I bought a pack of fat eigths to do this quilt, however there are NOT a lot of lights and I am going through them pretty quickly. A call to my GO TO person (Marian) and WALLA (just kidding - VOILA) - magically a stack of lights in the Kansas Troubles line appeared in my studio.

Kansas Trouble lights (these are pretty washed out - they are definitely more tan/gold than this picture shows)

EVERYONE needs a GO TO person. She is the BEST!!!!!!!!    And she brought Kaylee over for the day. Amazing how many comments that dog gets in a day. Carla thought Kaylee was the dominate dog because she wanted attention and butted her way in whenever Sparky or Sammy wanted a pet. And DH wanted to know why Kaylee isn't old enough to stay home. DUH - he doesn't know about play  dates!!!!!   The girls all had a good time and that is all that is important.

And how about those 12 for (20)12? Well - I have yet to finish one and now my Ocean Waves for March is way behind. But as Helen Anne said - she is making SIGNIFICANT advancement and that is what I am aiming for. I almost have all of these sections pieced - about 20 left (and my note was CORRECT!!!!!! - I did have to cut 26 more triangles). Once these sections are made, then I can start assembling  - well I do have to make the diamonds (by sewing two peaky and spike units together) and then I can start assembling. Well - it shouldn't take too long to finish. Then I have to choose one for April. I had a look at the list - YIKES - they are all BIG projects.

Square in a square units for Ocean Waves


But even if I get them to the quilting stage, I will be happy with the progress and will continue next year and instead of a BBB (cause they will all be done by then - I HOPE!!!), I will work on quilting one a week.


Well I have an interesting day ahead of me. I have to speak at a guild (I'm a fill in at the last minute) and they send me the paperwork late. I assumed it was evening, but no it is afternoon. Well - I am now having to scramble to change a couple of things. CRAP!!!!!!!   How early is too early to call and BEG people to help me??????


On that note - I better go see if I can conjure up someone (as a last resort - a cab will work) as I committed to giving Imelda a ride to and from her appointment. I can get her there, but not back. So I have to find a solution. See - there is NEVER one day in my life that isn't FUN!!!!!!


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. If I had as many things going on as you do I'd be completely bonkers by now. Great deal on that thread??

    ReplyDelete