Friday, April 20, 2012

The BIG event


Well I have nothing to report today - just more cutting and pressing, sewing and pressing - I have pressed so much I know what it would be like to work in a laundry all day!!!!!    But good progress is being made and I must admit that I am kind of liking it. Why? Well I am using up gobs of fabric - it is mindless and it is relaxing.

Soon to be time to move to the next stage which hopefully will go faster than this stage!!!!!


It is time to announce the BIG event that I have eluded to for the last while. Here we go........................








Halton Hills Quilters’ Guild - 20th Anniversary Dinner                  
                              Monday, October 15th, 2012                            
                                        Doors Open:  6:00 pm, Dinner:  6:30 pm                                                        

                                                               featuring
                          Jeanne Large & Shelley Wicks
                2 of Canada’s NEWEST and IN-DEMAND designers and authors from                                         
                   “The Quilt Patch”, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan

                                    Location:  Fuzion Banquets
                  1300 Britannia Road East, Mississauga  (905) 564-1122
                             (just west of Dixie Road, just north of 401)    






This is going to be a FUN FUN FUN FUN evening. The tickets are $45 which is a great deal. There will be an amazing SWAG bag, door prizes and loads of FUN FUN FUN. 

The tickets are going on sale to NON GUILD members on Tuesday. If you are interested in coming to the event - let me know and we can work out how to get your payment to me. There are only 150 tickets and I am thinking they are going to go fast. 


Don't know who Jeanne and Shelley are????   Check out their web site





They have written two books - "Tis the Season" and "Urban Country Quilts" 



                                          


And their new line of fabric has just hit the stores......................



Shasta Fabric Line             


(This was the only place I could find the entire line)



Anyway - I have spent some time with these girls and let's say there is NEVER A DULL MOMENT. 



There is a workshop with Jeanne and Shelley the next day (we are doing the quilt on the cover of the Tis The Season book). I have a few details to work out, but again guild members get first chance at those spots (there are 40). But if you would like to get your name on the list for the workshop - let me know. Kits will also be available if you would like. 



OK - so that is the BIG news. I am very very excited about it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE organizing things like this. I know - I am totally crazy. 

And if you want to have a preview of the stuff that Jeanne and Shelley sell - they will be at the CreativFestival next weekend. 

Don't forget to come and see me and all my STUFF!!!!!!!


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!        



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                

No comments:

Post a Comment