Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A trip to the hospital.....................


The day went smooth enough. Started off with Elm Creek class. Wow - I handed out the LAST set of instructions for the 140 blocks. Some people are not making them all - as making ONE quilt with 140 SIX inch blocks will be huge. Some are planning to make two quilts. Anyway - they are still working away on the blocks. I am VERY VERY IMPRESSED.

Here is the show and tell from yesterday.


Ruth

Lois

Judy M

More blocks by Judy M

Susan is well on her way to assembling her quilt. It is so NOT me, but it is gorgeous.  Great job picking colours. 

Tish is back sewing - 

Celia

Celia has also started to sew some of hers together


We are going to meet next month, maybe in June for one last consult and then everyone is on their own UNTIL the big reveal in October. I can't wait to see the quilts. Yes - that means I have to get my butt in gear and get to work.

Then off to the hall to finalize the details of my BIG dinner. I am so excited. Once the information goes to the guild later today - then I will post the information here. Just make sure you book the evening of October 15th.


Off to yoga. the session yesterday was great. It seemed like we got to lay on the mat a LONG time before we got started!!!!   I like that. At first I wasn't so sure about this instructor - Evanthia, but the more classes I take with her, the more I am liking her.. She is a bit demanding, but tries to make yoga fun!!!!   The first thing I noticed when we sat down at the beginning - cross legged - my legs just about did it perfectly. Before - well - it wasn't quite so pretty!!!!   I am very happy happy happy with the yoga.

Oh yes - TODAY is the day I meet up with Paul - the Lifetime manager to discuss the letter I sent him about the cycle club issue. Well - I'll just tell it like it is. But I will also offer suggestions as to how to make it great for everyone - but only if he asks.

Home for dinner and then M gets into trouble. She started playing rugby. Now I don't get it, but hey - if she wants to play rugby - she can play rugby. I go to her room and she is obviously in pain - can't move her leg. Oh dear - well - do we suck it up and give her pain meds or brave the ER. I decided ER (mostly to make her and DH feel better). Anyway we won't go there. But honestly when we got to the ER (took us THREE hours to get in and out), there were TWO people and like why were they there?????   One girl got hit with a flutter board and her mom thought her shoulder was broken. The girl didn't seem in any pain, although I heard her tell the nurse it was 8 out of 10. Meanwhile my kid who hasn't taken any drugs is in tears from the pain and can't find a comfortable spot. Another lady as well - same thing - she had hurt her ribs - it hurt to laugh - she didn't seem to be in any serious pain. I overheard the doctor later tell them both to go home - nothing was wrong that a little pain med wouldn't have fixed.

And he told us the same thing - although we had to wait ONE hour more for him to say that. Oh well - at least we know it isn't cracked or broken. Just a sprained ankle. Next time - I'll just dope her up and put ice on it, but NO she comes home from rugby practise, doesn't tell us and just tries to do her own thing. KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!    So while we were waiting in the ER, and they finally gave her some pain meds - we started to get a little silly. At one point, Berke showed up. I asked how he found us since we were not in the waiting room. He spotted my ORANGE scarf from the window. AHA - there is a good reason to wear orange!!!!!    And he saw me using my talking puppets (my hands talking to each other - actually that was the doctors consulting over the X-rays) and he hoped I wasn't by myself!!!!   I wasn't - I was entertaining M.

Then we got the all clear to go home and then I left Berke in the parking lot as I thought he was in the hospital parking lot, but no he was in the mall. CRAP - I felt so bad - he helped M into the car and I drove off without offering him a ride. OK - got to cook his favourite dinner for that faux pas.

I was so tired when we finally got home. So a day of rest, a day on crutches, some pain meds and we should be fine.

On that note - I see it is time to get to work.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment