Sunday, April 8, 2012

FRUSTRATION!

Oh boy - I let myself get sucked into a terrible situation yesterday.

I have been anticipating this bike club ride with LifeTime since the club opened. What a disaster!!!!   When I first heard that the cycle coordinator was a racer, I was a little put off - what is a racer going to want to do with me - the average cyclist.

So we are all waiting on our bikes before the ride - she does not engage anyone in conversation. I won't go into details, but from the get go - she did not have control of the group as they wheeled out of the parking lot and she yells "don't forget your hand signals". I mean really!!!!!!    The ride was advertised at a speed of 22 K which is perfect for me, but it is actually below what the accomplished cyclist can do. Well neither her or her teammate took the lead and so the group just took off with the wind. We were barely two KM from the gym and I was already KMs BEHIND the group. I was frustrated to say the least. At least her teammate came back to pick me up, but I finally said I wasn't riding with the group. Why would I push myself when there is no hope I will catch the group.

Anyway at the check point (which was 16 KM away), I managed to catch the group because they were waiting for myself and one other person. I spoke to the coordinator and told her I was going to continue riding, but on my own. The rest of the group waited for the other fellow to catch up. Then they proceeded to lap me again. The group was very friendly - calling out encouragement as they passed me. This is very common when cyclists pass each other. Then the coordinator went pass riding BY HERSELF and said NOTHING to me. I was so mad - if I had had a gun I think it would not have been pretty.

She is young, she has no experience in leading groups (crap - even I have lead groups and would have handled the situation MUCH differently). Anyway - I continued on my merry way and got in 57 KM before my brain couldn't deal with the wind any more and I was home. I stewed all day - I was MAD MAD MAD. I was FRUSTRATED and I was very DISAPPOINTED. So what does one do  - I wrote a letter to the manager of the gym - a nicely worded letter - no rants - no ravings, but I expressed the good and the bad about the club. I doubt that anything will come of it, but I will NOT be riding with this club. That is such a disappointment to me.

However life goes on and even though I had a crappy mindset all day - I did manage to get a LOT done. Well that was after I had a NAP in the lounge chair in the back.

Oh wait a minute - I arrive home to find this in my back yard.....................

Do you see the squirrel DEAD CENTER - splayed out on the deck railing - SUNTANNING. The nerve!!!!!!
A close up of the stupid squirrel

The ducks stayed all day it seems and were still there late in the afternoon - so much for killer dogs!!!!!



But here is what I got done........................................


My This and That Pattern Mystery #3 - DONE

The backing and the binding DONE!!!!!

And that was a LITTLE too close for comfort in getting the last binding strip out of the fabric. Let's just say that I did NOT keep that scrap!!!!!!!


Managed to get the pictures loaded onto the Flickr site as we were requested to do.


Monday Mystery


Let's just say that the computer and I were NOT good friends yesterday. Then I learned something valuable - just let the computer be and it will send all the big pictures on its own when I am NOT trying to rush it. CRAP!!!!!   I almost went out and bought a MAC!!!!!   Just kidding!!!!!

But I did manage to get the Tech Tip article and all 18 pictures sent to the editor, all 10 pictures for the special project are gone and just one last minute read over that article and it too will be gone. Boy - I can get a lot done when I am MAD.

Wait - there is more show n tell..............................


Backing, binding  on this quilt - DONE

I had to make TWO pieces of bias binding - I am working with scraps here and I made the second one the same as the first!!!!!!!
 However I have learned that while I can count, I CANNOT multiply. Back to the ocean waves quilt - I cut those missing triangles - only to find out that I am still missing about 34. I guess I counted the units, but did not account for the fact that I needed TWO per, not one. HA - what a dolt!!!!!

Almost done the last of the square in a square units for the Ocean Waves quilt

And I decided that I am NOT putting this last part of the Day and Night project away. So while I waited to pick M up from work at 11 PM, I started to trim these pieces. 


I also made a promise to myself to get more completed. There are a couple of projects that I keep touching and moving. I am going to spend one day this week and get them done - then I don't have to touch them again. Just get it done!!!!!!!!!    


OK - so I have to play Easter Bunny and then going to yoga (boy do I need the deep breathing this morning - well actually I needed it yesterday).



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment