Friday, March 15, 2013

Sequestered!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Sandra was over to work on the long arm and that meant that I had to stick around in the studio for the entire day!!!!   Something I don't normally do and I was VERY PRODUCTIVE. I need more days like that where someone is over and I have NO CHOICE but to keep working.

Let's see - what did I do???????????

My cutting table which was a disaster and it doesn't look too much better this morning although I did get all the muslin scraps put away
And the ironing board which has a couple of things on it


I started by making the batting for the Blue/white floral Hopscotch.

I was going to quilt this quilt the other day - just because - but I had to piece the batting and that deterred me. I think I ended up piecing SIX pieces, but it is fine and now it is ready to go when I want to get this quilted.

Notice there is a laundry basket on the floor by the ironing board. That is quilt tops that the Monday group has made that are going to be donated. I decided to make some backings for some of them so that when I get a spare afternoon (it happens) that I would have something easy to quilt. 
I believe I made FOUR backings and then I screwed up the backing on the last one so I stopped. But four is better than none and most will take a couple of hours to quilt. Perfect for a brain dead afternoon. 
Speaking of those Monday quilts - I had cut a HUGE stack of these squares of solid colour. I gave them to Jeanette and look what she made..................   (these are the leftovers by the way)
Jeanette made SEVEN decent sized quilts from that stack. One of the quilts is missing from this picture. Thanks Jeanette - really appreciate your help and you will get them back to bind!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cut out the rest of the fabric that I had for the FOUR construction Hopscotch quilts. I sent M on a mission to Fabricland to try and find the missing fabric. She didn't find what I wanted, but did find this. 
While not exactly what I wanted - you know for what the quilts are (for four boys whose Dad is into construction and big trucks), I think this will be just fine. So I have to get the rest of this cut today and start sewing. 
Also got the NEXT embroidery block prepared - but I am so behind in embroidery!!!!!!!!!!!!
In the course of the day, I also got the last section of Easy Street together. AT LAST



Here are all the pieces waiting to be sewn together. Will see what I can do to continue working on it. I have used it as ender and leader project until now, but I think I need to focus on it so will need to find time for that. 

Got the last of the triangles together. Have to dig out a few bits and pieces to finish off that last block
Three pair of jeans to do something with. One was Ms and two were mine. I tried mine on - yep they fit, but both were in bad shape - rips, holes, dirty etc. I decided to keep one pair for gardening and cut out the good bits of the other. M's - I cut up. 
Denim pieces ready to go into a denim quilt


I also worked on something else yesterday, but I am not ready to show you - I am ALMOST done. Here is a hint


You will only know if you have been following the blog!!!!!!!!!!!


And how did Sandra make out??????   Well she got TWO quilts quilted.............


Quilt number one

Quilt number two (I LOVE this one)

Close up of block


Way to go Sandra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then more toing and froing and NO TIME for a nap!!!!!!!!!!!!


I did manage to deal with THREE pieces of paper yesterday. They are gone - NEVER to be seen again. Got three more chosen for today. I MUST deal with this paper.

On that note - I have a busy day ahead and after our workout this morning, and a big breakfast, I just want a nap!!!!!!!!!!!!!   And you thought I quilted all day. Nope - I nap when I can. I call it after workout recovery!!!!!


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


 PS - If you follow The Quilt Patch ladies from Moose Jaw, here is a sneak peek at the cover of their new book.   ( I stole that picture from an e-mail I received from them), I am not sure when the book is coming out, but it should be soon!!!!)


                            






2 comments:

  1. thanks again for all your help, Elaine! I had a great day! You are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps say hello Sammy as I am sure she misses me! LOL!

    ReplyDelete