Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Treasures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Oh my - when you wear your favourite things on your sleeve - you never know what you are going to come across.

If you haven`t guessed by now - I like the colour orange, ANYTHING with bikes on it, and sundry other cute things.

From time to time, people help with my acquisition of things that are bike related or orange. Have a look..........


OH - FIRST - I have an item that I need and I will PAY FOR IT and perhaps throw in a finders fee. Last year, Ronda gave me this glass. Well - we seem to be getting lots of cups and the cupboard was getting full. When I opened the door to get a cup, this poor glass came crashing out and the LID chipped on the side and broke the seal between the two parts. BOOHOO!!!!!!!  

So if ANYONE sees a glass like this - PLEASE get it for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Broken bike glass. Now I can still use it for a pencil holder or something like that. But no longer as a glass 

Lisa saw my little orange dress that Tish gave me and said she had a hanger that I could have for the dress. I know - it's an epidemic!!!!!


I saw the size of the hanger and thought it would be PERFECT. 

Here is the dress WITHOUT the hanger  (it has a little wool hanger on the back) 

And LOOK at how cool it looks with the hanger!!!!!!!!!!!    PERFECT!!!!!   Thanks to Tish and Lisa for this cool little dress. Just shows you how important presentation is. 

Then at Dear Jane class, Bernice comes up to me with a smile on her face. She tells me a story about a woman that is cleaning out her mother's house. The mother was a crafter. And when Bernice was going through some stuff that was given to her - she opened this box and guess who she thought of?????

OH MY GOD - isn't this just the best. 
 Well - actually it gets better..............


Because there are TWO boxes of the floss. I know exactly what I am going to do with it. Just a question of getting the time!!!!!

Then Ronda was at my Sit n Sew on the weekend and she had purchased a bundle of fabric somewhere. And look at the ribbon that was on the bundle - those are the LETTER E in orange. I mean - it was meant for me!!!!!!!!!!   

I am in a post card exchange (which I need to get done!!!!). Last night at guild, Mary gets up for show n tell and has something tucked in her jacket. She starts talking about the post cards and then pulls this out!!!!!   I LOVE IT!!!!!!    How fun!!!

Now I do buy treasures for myself and when I saw this fabric at Ruti's - well I HAD TO HAVE IT. OK - so I bought a few meters of it. I mean who else will want it??????

And ANOTHER Mary bought me this cute scarf when she was in the US a while back. It has bikes all over it. 
And Barb (oh shoot - I think it was Barb) gave me these adorable paper clips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



I have to say that I am a VERY LUCKY person. And I want to thank EVERYONE for the little treasures. They are so appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Like Peter Walsh (the organizing guru says) - I keep all these little treasures handy or in plain view so I can enjoy them and they remind me of the people that have given them to me.

Anyway - I have a LOT more to post today so I had best get busy.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment