Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I almost didn't go..................



I did NOT get my quilt done that I was supposed to yesterday. And I have NO pictures for you today.

I am STRESSED. I did get most of the quilt quilted and I did take my touring bike into the bike shop for a tune-up.

Then M and I hopped in the car and headed off to Humber to have a campus tour. While we didn't get to see anything specific to the fashion program, we did get a great tour of the campus and I learned a LOT about Humber. I had no clue about the College. I was impressed and I thought M was impressed as she asked to stay around for a bit after our tour.

However in the car on the way home - things went downhill and she found everything she could to negate the program. Crips - it was 7 PM by the time we arrived home, the dogs were hungry - she drove off in DH's car as soon as we parked and I was hungry and no dinner made. Let's just say that is WAS NOT a good night.

I slept poorly and when the alarm went off for the gym, I hit snooze and when the SECOND alarm went off, I lay there contemplating the options. I could hear Maria's voice asking me if the pillow was going to win. I had not got my clothes together the night before, I was still grumpy. I even got out of bed, looked at my gym bag and then went back to bed. However now I am awake - tired, but awake.

OH ALRIGHT - I will get myself to the gym. And I am SO GLAD I did. It was a great day - as I grumped my way through the work out, I got chatting to Chris and Gary who were teamed up ahead of me on the weights. I decided to team up with no one!!!   Well turns out that Chris' daughter wants to get into the fashion industry as well. And he and his wife have been through a lot of this nonsense already. Oh boy - well that made the morning alright!!!!   Besides Chris and Gary were pretty funny and cheered me up!!!!

I hope to hook M up with the daughter (who I know from the gym) and they can have a heart to heart. I won't go into details, but I think it would be good for them to chat.

Then all my locker buddies were there this morning and we had a great chat. And I hope I made some one's day. There is this lady who I see every morning in the change room. She has the BEST wardrobe I have ever seen. She always wears a dress and is IMPECCABLY dressed and her clothes fit PERFECTLY. I told her that this morning and she was very happy (hey - I would be too!). Turns out the clothes are HAND MADE for her. You can tell!!!!!!

Filled up the car and had Tim's for breakfast (so I got to see my Tim's friends too) and you know what - the day doesn't look so bad after all. I just need to win something with my Tim's cups and the day would be perfect!!!

I guess the moral of the story is - there are going to be days when you are supposed to do something, you have made a commitment to someone or something or whatever. And you don't feel like it for whatever reason - JUST PICK YOURSELF up and get moving. I did NOT have the best workout I have ever had - in fact, I spent part of it just chatting, but you know what - all the side things that happened this AM - was SO WORTH going. I would still be in a foul mood if I had not gone!!!!!!!

On that note - I am off to get that quilt finished as the customer is coming at lunch time to pick it up.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



(oh poop - the cup said "Please Play Again")

1 comment:

  1. My cups all say the same thing. Why can't I win a car? I was in the States and I bought a Tim's and thought maybe this will be the lucky one. Please play again!

    ReplyDelete