Saturday, March 30, 2013

Odds and sods!!!!!!!!!!



Just a few odds and ends that I want to mention so here they are!!!!!!!!!!!!


The participants on this upcoming crazy adventure of mine are hooked up on line and so we can ask each other questions. The subject of saddles has come up. Now I SWEAR by my BROOKS saddles. I won't ride my bike with anything else (distance that is - short rides, it isn't an issue). One of the ladies was asking about different models. HMMMMM - I have NO IDEA what model I bought or what is the difference between the two that she mentioned. A quick peek at a site that sells BROOKS saddles and I am DROOLING.......................


Take a look and scroll down - you will see what I mean.  (sorry - can't copy their pictures - they are copyrighted)


Brooks saddles


How cool are they!!!!!!!!!!!  Well - no need to change.

Why are these saddles so good????   Have a look...............


This is the seat on my touring bike (the one I travel with). See those indentations on the seat. Those  were molded there by my butt. That makes that seat MINE!!!!!   And you can get more comfortable than when something is molded to you. 

This is the seat on my road bike which isn't as broken in as the other one. 



Sorry - but I started this post yesterday. Then I spent MOST of the day trying to find a picture that I was CERTAIN I took. It was of a bicycle we saw in Amsterdam with a Brooks saddle on it except there was very little leather left on the wire frame of the seat. Well  - I searched and searched and have come to the conclusion that I did NOT take that picture. I am sure I did, but my memory cards tell me otherwise.

Speaking of memory cards - oh dear. As you would guess, when my memory card is full on the camera, instead of downloading the pictures (like normal people would), NOPE - I just buy a new one!!!!   Which makes me laugh because Mary was on vacation recently with her daughter. She ran out of room on her camera and her mean old daughter made her delete pictures. She wouldn't let her buy a new card. Thank goodness M would NEVER do that. She would help me find a camera store where I could buy a new card.

And how many cards would I have?????   Well.....................

These are the cards I have for the big camera. And yes if you count up the GB (don't forget the 32 GB that is in the camera) and well you have 80 GB of room. I know - who knew - 80 GB is a LOT of space!!!!!!!!!!!!!   This used to be worth a LOT of money, but those cards are so cheap these days - it doesn't make sense to NOT have a few extra on hand. 

And here are the cards for the small camera. - including the one in the camera - I think we are talking 32.5 GB. OK - so I won't need to buy any for a while!!!!!!!!



There is a problem with keeping the pictures on the cards - they take longer to access through the computer and that is probably why I have so much problem with the memory. So I decided to download my camera cards - it took all day yesterday and I am still downloading this morning, but almost done.


The other problem is that when the pictures are on the cards, they have no tags so it makes it hard to find them. And then when you download them, you have to tag them for the card, not each picture. Once they are downloaded onto my EXTERNAL hard disk that was purchased just for pictures,  FIRST - I must go through them and DELETE DELETE DELETE. I don't know how many pictures there are yet - I think I will be afraid to see that final number. Plus I have to move those that are my computer to the external hard disk - then all pictures will be in one spot. Yes - back to that LIKE things together. Then find some free minutes - set up a file structure, tag the pictures and start sorting. I am actually looking forward to that because there are LOTS of pictures that I would like to access more quickly.

I have to laugh - on the radio the other day, they said that people who frequently complain of being bored are 2.5 times more likely to die of heart attack or stroke. Those people need to take up a hobby - photography, blogging, reading, cycling or quilting are goods ones - they are all time consuming!!!!!

Have to wait to load the pictures this morning because I am downloading!!!!


Last week - we finished the dress class and while I am not done my dress - I made up good time in the last two classes - I'll show you another day. I think I have convinced myself to take another class. This one is on jacket making. I even have the pattern that they are going to use. I recently saw that pattern and do you think I could find it a couple of weeks ago. NOPE - I checked the basket that it came from (with clothing fabrics in it) - not there. So I checked the next logical place - the pattern box for clothing. NOPE - not there either. Now this made me wonder about my filing system. I seem to be very organized and YET - why can't I find that pattern. Yesterday, while waiting for the pictures to download, I went back to the pattern box. OH BOY - there is the pattern. I guess I might need new glasses or something!!!!  The darn pattern was there all along. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!    Anyway - then I dug through the basket with clothing fabric and found the fabric I was going to use for the jacket and well - it is in the dryer as we speak. OH YES - I think I will do the class. Why not - it will get rid of more fabric.

Here is the pattern

Yesterday was so nice, I was actually in the garden (yes - parts of it are dry enough to work in). BUT we are going to need some major work in there this summer. MAJOR mulching needs to happen and THIS needs to be repaired...............

Hard to see in this picture, but that ledge on the pond is collapsing and our fence needs an overhaul. Oh dear - that is going to be fun to fix. 

Our house seems to have a revolving door for dogs!!!!!   The big black dog and the fuzzy dog have had lots of company.

Kaylee was here last week and she how she and M shared the sunshine on the carpet in the living room!!!!!   The fuzzy dog - would have NOTHING to do with them. 

This week it is cute little Chloe. She fits right in and well - I'll tell you her story tomorrow. 



I did get some sewing done yesterday as well, but no pictures yet. I did manage to get as much of Stonehenge together as I could.

Waiting for the last two blocks. 

This brings up another issue - I have a couple of things missing.................

The last log cabin block for the Stonehenge Meets Jamestown quilt - I made it - I know I did and where is it????

Oh shoot - there are a couple of other things missing, but I can't even think of what they are now!!!!   How funny is that. At least I did find that pattern. Oh yes - a while back, I couldn't find the latest book by Bonnie Hunter. I KNOW I bought that book, but couldn't find it. So I bought it again. And then at some point, I realized it was sitting on the work table mere inches from the bag that held the other copy. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR - any one want to buy a copy of String Fling by Bonnie Hunter??????




And on that note - I had better find the pictures that go with this blog and get on with the day.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment