Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I had a dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Just listening to Peter Walsh on the radio. One thing I learned from him was to put "like" things together. Oh boy - that is one of the greatest pieces of advice I ever got. There are TWO reasons for this - one is that you can (hopefully) more readily find what you need/want and second is you can more readily evaluate if you need MORE of that item.

I know that after I put "like" things together - it is much easier to sort the old from the new, the dried up, used up from the new. The new style from the old and so on. And then so easy to decide if you can afford the money or the space to devote to that item.   If you have lots of one item, but you have run out of space to store it - then does it really make sense to purchase more????  Be realistic - where are you going to put it?????    


Here is a picture of the quilt that I finished on Sunday morning.

Charity quilt - DONE

Detail of quilting


Now I have a secret weapon. Jeanette has offered to stitch down the bindings for me. So I had to get them ready for her.


Binding on quilt number one
Binding on quilt number two
 Now both quilts are ready to be hand stitched. I crossed them off MY LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Before I could put the bindings on, I had to finish putting all the snowmen away. I like to bring out and put away my Christmas/winter decorations over several months. The end of February is the deadline for the snowmen. They were laying on the work table and since I needed that work table to put the bindings on - well all the snowmen (but one that I found on the patio door upstairs) are asleep for the summer.

Bye bye snowmen - until next year

Yesterday was Monday. I was working on a binding (as usual). I am liking doing this hand stitching on Mondays. And at this rate - I might actually get through that stack of bindings. But it is going to take a LONG time since I seem to keep adding to it. The trick is to get the bindings on FASTER than I can quilt more quilts!!!!!   I've got TWO more urgent ones of mine that need quilting.

Most Mondays I come home with the same or less than what I took. Yesterday - the opposite happened.

I can home with SIGNIFICANTLY more than what I took


Let's see - I got THREE quilts to quilt (two of them are HUGE)
One of our charity quilt tops
A bag of T-shirts to be made into a quilt
Some scraps of poly batting
Bicycle paper clips
And a denim heart shaped box
OH and a COMPLETE quilt that Barb donated to our cause


Oh yes - it was a JACK POT day as far as getting stuff. Now the trick is to process it all and put it where it belongs. Can't have clutter hanging around the studio!!!

Got a busy week ahead and here is part of what has to be done......................

Stuff I placed on the ironing board (OK - so the top quilt already has the binding stitched on), but there are quilts that need backings and bindings and borders and I have to get started on that. 


As I mentioned the other day, I am making lists in my book for lots of things, including my trip. And there were several e-mails last night among the participants chatting about what kind of bags to take on the bike and what to put in the bag. So I got out my stuff to see what I am going to do. Besides I am going to the bike shop today.


Here are my bags and the bike rack. 


Now the trick is to go through all of that stuff, identify what is absolutely necessary to carry on the bike (I even bought a scale to figure out how much I get rid of). I think I already have the solution, but I want to do some figuring before I make the final decision.

And this must have been weighing in my brain as I went to sleep because I had quite the dream about the group and the kinds of gear we were all carrying!!!!!


And speaking of clutter - how does this happen?????


The kitchen table!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The kitchen table covered with water bottles (mine) and reading material (mine). I just want to READ IT ALL. I need to take ONE BOOK at a time. Read it and then move on!!!!!!!!!!!!!  


Well time to get to work - lots to do today. OK - that is just stupid to say that - there is always lots to do. I am sure I will be dying and still have LOTS to do. Just my style!!!!!!!!!!!!    Like my parents. My Dad will be 80 next month and he is BUSY BUSY BUSY. My mom always has something to do as well.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment