Sunday, March 3, 2013

I've got the BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Well not exactly, but you'll see what I mean in a bit.

Do you LOVE PUZZLES????  Make sure you check out the post I uploaded last night. OOOOOOH  - Helen Anne should win a prize because she figured it out WITHOUT any clues from me (I removed your comment so others could NOT use it as a clue). Ronda figured it out after we played 20 questions!!!!   I won't post any more clues until you have had a day or two to mull it over. I suspect Helen Anne has been to the location of the one picture and that made it a bit easier!!!!   BUT Ronda googled "something" (you have the clues in the two pictures) and she found that image. OH - this is too much fun!!!!! I might have to do this more often.

Oh HECK - here are the pictures again...............   how are these two pictures related? And what is the significance of them?????






Yesterday I was teaching a class and here is the results of the class. There were some awesome colourways in the class. Yes - the pattern is Hopscotch. Now doesn't this make you want to run to your stash and CUT CUT CUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    We got creative and made the blocks a different size. OK - so we had to improvise!!!!   But that gives me tons of ideas for other quilts...............   Enjoy.


The SCRAPPY blue - I LOVE IT

Kaffe Fassett and solids - EYE POPPING!!!!!   We all thought that orange would be the zinger, but that turquoise just about blew our vision!!!!

Metallic stars

Halloween

Brights and solids (OH - boy - I've got baskets of this stuff)

Beautiful calm blue and green

I missed the subtle vintage looking one.

The ladies did a beautiful job and I want all of those quilts. OH - guess I will just have to make my own.


What I want to know is how people can live without a quilt?????   Yes - you can buy "pretty" throws and you can buy afghans, but NOTHING warms me like a BIG quilt. None of these small things - I want a quilt that covers me from head to toe and then some.


While the ladies were sewing, I took those two boxes of blue/yellow so I could inventory them and see what was what. Oh BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


This is what was in that plastic box of blue/yellow fabric. I know - what the heck was that purple doing in there?????  


This is what was left AFTER I removed the fabric that should be in the two project boxes
FIRST - I found a diagram of the quilt that I was going to make. Notice - it was printed from EQ5. We are now working with EQ7. 
Also found some printouts in the box and look at the date!!!!   OK - so this is a valid UFO!!!!!
Here is the EQ5 Diagram. 
This is project NUMBER ONE. There is ONE block made

Here is the fabric that is supposed to be in the box (and is NOW in the box)




BUT - there are enough pieces CUT and ready to sew to make an additional TWENTY-FOUR blocks.


This is PROJECT NUMBER TWO (eleven blocks made)

Lots of extra fabric

The backs of the circles that were cut away

ENOUGH bits and pieces to make FOURTEEN blocks

ACK - you are kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    And this just touches the surface of what is in some of those other boxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now what am I going to do with all this. The original quilt called for twenty five of the drunkard's path blocks and twenty four of the star block. So we are talking a BIG quilt since the blocks are 12 inches finished.

So I threw them on the design wall and look -


These blocks look pretty neat

BUT throw in the star and WHAT WAS I THINKING?????????    That just is NOT going to work. 


SO - looks like I am going to have to make TWO smaller quilts. Which is just fine by me. I am NOT into making big quilts any more. And I have LOTS of fabric to play with to make a few extra blocks if I need.


Hey FLO - can I use these as  my UFO challenge???????


Then I got busy last night (after that great sleep the night before) and decided it was time to finish MY BLUE Hopscotch quilt.

What it looked life BEFORE the borders
And what it looks like AFTER the borders. I really like that white border. Just makes the whole thing pop!!!!!


Then I got busy to make the backing which I knew was going to be a pain since I was determined to use up ALL the remaining scraps.

Here is the backing. That is the MOST pieced backing I have ever done. Hard to see in the photo, but the bottom left corner is very scrappy!!!!!   And it is JUST big enough to put on the machine. 
While I did have to borrow that darker blue from the newly found blue fabrics, this is ALL that remains of that blue floral and I even had to go to the scrap box to get a strip to finish off that bottom left corner!!!!
But now it is done and ready for quilting!!!!!!!!!!

Managed to get ONE piece on the blue/yellow star blocks. This one was missing ONE leg. Just like I abandoned it mid stream!!!!!!!!

 Sorry for the delay in posting the blog today. First the computer froze when I was mere minutes from posting. Of course it takes a LONG time to reboot and then I ran out of time as I was off to my spin class this morning. A great workout.

Now I am VERY MUCH behind in the plan for the day.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



PS - if you are my friend on Facebook - Kathy identified BOTH pictures correctly. Now what is the significance between the two.











No comments:

Post a Comment