Thursday, September 4, 2014

Mad about HEXAGONS...........................


What a day!  It seems that I am having a bit of an issue with reintegrating into the real world.  It seems that I am supposed to be actually be doing stuff!  I'm tired and in particular, my back is tired. I think I need a massage.  OK - I have a gift certificate for one - I better book an appointment this morning.  Or maybe I just get on my bike and I can lean on those darn handlebars!

However I have to say that I did read a bit (OK - a LOT) yesterday.  The book I am reading is called Wild by Cheryl Strayed.

Wild by Cheryl Strayed

I find it very interesting that I started to read the book on the day that the movie was released. I had no idea they were making a movie. Mary B  had given me the book a couple of months ago.  It is an excellent book and I read most of it yesterday!  Coming from a fairly normal family life, it is mind boggling to understand what happened to Cheryl.  But I so understand her trials and tribulations of walking that trail.  OK - so my bike ride was nothing compared to her hike, but there are many similarities. And I seriously believe that events like that are life changing!  And for the better!  Moving out of our comfort zone is something we all should do!


Anyway - if you get a chance to read the book or watch the movie - I would recommend it!  I've already got  a waiting list for the book!




It was so much fun to reconnect with friends yesterday!    We had embroidery club which I just love. There was only one problem - I could not find my embroidery.  Later after everyone left, I dug a bit deeper and OH - there it is - it wasn't sitting on top, but was buried a couple of boxes down!!!!   No worries - I had something else to do - HEXAGONS!  And I wasn't the only one.

Diane started us off by producing this article on how Hexagons are the IN shape at the moment!!!!!   Of course - Diane was going to work on her hexagon project but seems she brought the circle project with her!!!!!!
Tish was busy making more hexagons and sewing them together.  Look at her neat pile of flowers!!!!   Notice how nice and evenly they are stacked!!!   I think she is going to need a bigger box!!!!

And I "cheated" and got this many hexagons prepared.  They said I was cheating because I was using the glue stick, NOT sewing them!!!!!


So yes - while we call it the embroidery club - we do anything that is hand work!   So nice to just chat up a storm about anything and everything!!!!   Yep - there is no complaining in this group and I just love that!!!!   First person to complain is out!


And look at the cool present that I got.  

Yep - a beer with a bike on it.  Red Racer!!!!   Who knew!  And just in time because I have already consumed the Iceberg beer that I managed to bring home with me!!!!    Love the quote on the coaster - yes - a coaster for my beer. 



Well - I think today is the day that I actually get my butt in gear and get some work done!  Well - I have to finish that book first!  

Check out the QUILTSocial link this morning to get some new ideas for the zippered pouches.  And seriously - I want to see what you have done!!!!!!

On that note - everyone is already gone their separate ways this morning. I have the house to myself and I intend to make good use of that quiet time!

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Loved that book. Like you, I couldn't put it down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy - at first I didn't think I would like it, but it really grew on me quickly!

      Delete