Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Slow and steady!


OK - so no one said this purging business was going to be fun!  I sorted and shredded, I pitched and filed, I labeled and rested. And I made progress.

However I ran out of label tape. Yes - I know it would be cheaper, faster and easier to hand write those labels BUT I don't want to and therefore I am allowed to make labels with my label maker. I have had the label maker for a while and when I was at Staples the other day I bought a tape refill, but I had a sneaky feeling that it wasn't going to fit. And it does NOT.  So back to Staples today to buy a new label maker. That is pretty stupid, but might as well get the new one - they are not that expensive. The point is that I now have a label maker that works, but is totally useless because I can't buy refills.

I was hoping to get the filing cabinet done in one day and the desk top in another day, BUT it is going to take at least one more day to get those two areas up to par.


At least the desk top is clear enough that I can use the surface to work on. I love that desk - I've had it for years. 

No need to organize the drawers as they got a make over a number of years ago. I used some wood glue and a hammer to fix the broken drawer.  Yeah - one thing off the list. 


I had to get some sewing done yesterday which I did, but not ready to share it with you yet.  However you can always go to QUILTSocial to learn some more about sewing machines (in particular the Husqvarna Viking Opal 690Q).   There is some amazing information there.  Hope you learn something!!!!!


Well guess what today is???????   Yep - it is the FIRST day of school.   I remember those early years when it was a big deal, but now that M is at college - crap - she wasn't even home last night.  But I won't go there. When is the next bike trip?????   You know - it was so peaceful to not hear the excuses and all the stuff that comes from living with a teenager.

Anyway - late last night - she wanted a picture of her first day of kindergarten.  Seriously??????   Now if I was an organized mom - that would have been easy to find. However we did manage to find this picture - I don't think it was first day of school, but close enough.  She is supposed to send me one today - so far - I haven't received it. Oh yes - because she is driving herself to school!!!!!

M - first day of kindergarten or thereabouts.  Love that tunic that her thoughtful mother purchased in a size too big so she could grow into. Beautifully accessorized by those CLUNKY looking shoes and lets not forget the BLANKIE!!!!!!   She looks like a chipmunk with her teeth sticking out - she never had buck teeth - just a goofy grin. 



Happy first day of Year Two of College kiddo!!!!!



On that note - I have so much to do today - I have no idea even where to start.  It is definitely time to get back into the DAILY CRITICAL THREE things. If not - I will wander aimlessly around the house trying to decide what to do!!!!!!

Have an awesome day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment