Saturday, September 13, 2014

Empty!


Cut, sew, press, cut sew, press - that pretty much summed up my day.  OK - so I am lying!

I did go to knit club in the morning. I am making progress on my afghan, but slow progress.   Got to figure out a way to sit in the evening and knit.  Just way too much to do it seems.

BUT I did make it to Georgetown to visit with Anna and Linda of The Sewing Cafe.  What a fun place!!!!  Almost wished that I needed to learn how to sew, just so I could hang out there!!!!  If you get a chance to stop in today - you should.  It is a really nice place, great location and today there are balloons and cake!!!!  It is their first anniversary!

The Sewing Cafe


They teach all kinds of sewing techniques and I am sure that if you wanted something specific - they could teach it. They also sell batiks and some sewing notions.  I snagged two small kits - one is a Halloween ornament which of course I can quickly whip up before the big day and the other is a small bag.  Very cute. I shall try to get both done ASAP.

I am ALMOST ready for my class on STRIPED FABRIC today.  I have suitcases of stuff that I am taking!!!!   I keep going over my quilts in my head and thinking - OH YES - that has a stripe in it so I dig it out.

There is only ONE quilt that I cannot find and I am not sure what I did with it.  My boxes with all the tops are very nicely labelled so that sure makes it easy to find a particular quilt and I am certain that this one is in those boxes - must go have one more look.

Got most of the sewing done that I wanted, and LOOK - the design wall is EMPTY!!!!


Empty design wall


Got my handout done late last night and just have to print it out this morning.   Yes - I am prepared - it is going to be a fun day!!!!


On that note - I am out of here.  I have a couple more things that I need to cut, press and sew and there are TWO things I would love to take with me - my bundle of Kaffe Fassett strips and that other quilt. But where are they?????????????????


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment