Friday, June 30, 2017

What is wrong with me?


I'm an idiot!  Well not really, but there are times when I wonder where my brain has gone. Obviously on vacation!  And it was only when I read Sew Fresh Quilts blog this morning that I realised what I'm doing wrong. 

Well, not what I'm doing wrong, but what I'm not doing.  And it was because of Lorna of Sew Fresh Quilts that I purchased them.  THEM being some labels.  When I'm making these deadline quilts, they usually go out of the office WITHOUT a label.  I know!  Not good - but I do tack my business card to the quilts.  What I should be doing is putting my Crazyquilteronabike label in the binding like Lorna does.  GOD - what an idiot. I've had them since February and not used a single one.  When I get home, I'm digging those labels out and they are going to sit on the sewing machine, the cutting mat or wherever I need to put them so I remember them. 

DUH DUH DUH!!!!!  

I didn't rip up the little page from the book yet. I thought I better wait until I hear that the quilt has arrived - then my job is done and I'm off the hook.  So hopefully I can rip up that deadline page tonight. 

Do you want to know the funny thing??  So one deadline is done - right?  Guess what happened yesterday???   Yep - not one, not two, not three, not four, BUT FIVE new deadlines were added. FIVE - how did that happen????   And there will be more.  How many more?  No idea, but quilt ideas are spewing out of my brain faster than water from a leaky bucket. And I'm super excited! (as usual). 

When I got home last night, I retired to the backyard so I could have a quiet moment reading my book. Nope - not happening!  Those girls - well - it's like "MOM - we've been cooped up all day  - we need to show you how we play!"   

Have I shown you this little project???  It was a give away from QuiltCon. I may have shown it. It takes FIVE  5-inch squares to make this. The pattern isn't on the Northcott website, but I'll try to get it loaded soon.  It's a cool use of 5 inch squares and very little waste.  It was one of those projects where I had to make something with what I had. But imagine making this with whatever fabrics?  Scraps??  It would be awesome. 



Table topper/mini quilt

On that note, I've a super busy day today.  I went to the gym. I didn't want to go to the gym, but I needed to go to the gym. I was dragging my butt before I got there and after - well I feel energised.  Sometimes we just have to push!

Have a super day!!!!


Ciao!!!

3 comments:

  1. One step forward, two steps back.... or five in your case with five new deadlines. Yikes! But you can do this! I put my labels with the binding as soon as I make it and roll it onto a piece of cardboard. That's the only way I can remember to add it. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your blog mentioned on Sew Fresh Quilts and thought I'd better take a peek. I don't know how you get so much accomplished, and with kids! and a daily bog. wow. phew. I need to ponder how to increase my productivity. I like that deadlines make things real. I started this year with the goal to whittle down my UFOs. It has been a good move, I got a lot finished and realized that small projects don't take very long. I started doing a lot more machine sewn bindings, and that speeds things up, too.
    Looking through your blog posts I see lots of bright wild color combinations. Beautiful fabric. Talented work. Love of what you do. That must be the secret to your productivity.
    I am looking forward to reading more of your posts, and seeing how you inspire me. Happy Sewing.

    ReplyDelete