Thursday, June 1, 2017

Take me out to the ball game.

It was so beautiful when I got home last night, I grabbed a cool beverage and my book and retired to the gazebo. Of course, the girls were right there by my side - well when they weren't ripping around the backyard!

I managed to finish the book.  Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker by Jennifer Chiaverini. This is the longest that it's taken me to read a book in a long, long time. And I think I know why.  It's certainly NOT because I'm too busy.  No - this is a historical novel. It's not that I don't enjoy history, but well, I don't really enjoy historical novels. How much of what the author portrays is real and how much is fiction?
And I think the part I hated the most was the portrayal of Mrs. Lincoln. From what I can tell from the list of resources used, the portrayal was probably fairly accurate, but what an awful woman! If even half of what was written was true, Abraham Lincoln did NOT have an easy married life. But the exciting news is that it's done and I can move on to the next novel!  Yeah!!!!

Mr.s Lincoln's Dressmaker by Jennifer Chiaverini
And in a historical novel, you always know what is going to happen. There usually isn't a plot twist. Yep - President Lincoln gets assassinated. You can't mess with that fact!

Once the book was done ,I had my usual chat with DH about my day.  I'm sure there are days when he would like me to shut up! Since he is in sales and marketing, I feel that I can share the experiences of my day job with him and he can relate to them. As if he cares how fabric is marketed!  Too bad - you take the good with the bad. 

Then down to the studio to work on the next project. And it's another one I can share with you because it's a customer quilt.  And now it's done!

Customer quilt  - DONE
I had to sew the binding on for her. Just on the front and she'll take care of the hand stitching.  How easily I just whip that binding on both sides now. It still causes me a teeny twinge of guilt, but that is rapidly diminishing as I realise how much I can accomplish if I do it all by machine. My job was to put the binding on the front and it's being delivered tonight.


Binding is on!

I would keep an eye on the ball game on Sunday because I heard a rumour that this quilt is going to the ball game!  You may see it on TV.

And on that note, I'm off to see what adventures I can have today. Each day brings a new challenge which is always exciting!

Here's another great video by ME!!!   There's going to lots more - just need subjects so if there is something you want to know, let me know and I'll add it to the list.



Have a super day!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment