Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Caught red-handed!

 

The week is progressing quite nicely. I had two presentations yesterday, and both were almost ready, so they took no time to finish up. Just that switch-a-roo with the sewing machines and the language of the software. 

But all was good. I'm in CONTROL!! 

I prepped as much as I could for the three reveal presentations this weekend. I did a wee bit of writing and paperwork, although more needs to be done this morning. And I NEED to get to the long arm. 

I'm also a slacker, and well, I couldn't help myself. I could watch just ONE more episode of The Great British Bake Off. It won't hurt. And no one will know. 

So I dug out the applique to see what I could do. OH my -- look, I got one more block ready to be stitched. 


One more applique block - DONE



I had prepped all the pieces the day before, so it was easy to do this using the lightbox and the pattern in reverse. 

Well, what could be harmed if I watched one more episode? Nothing! So I got out the next block and by the end of the day - look. One more block is done. 


Another applique block - DONE


And I was able to complete a small applique that is the center of a pieced block. While I was watching the last part of the second episode, which I did at the kitchen table eating dinner as DH was working, I got caught! He walked by and heard them say someone would be eliminated, and he asked point-blank, "are you watching a reality TV show?"  He knows me too well. I had to confess. 

I don't know how many more episodes there are - I suspect there are two since we are down to four people, and that's it!!! NO MORE until Monday evening when the new episode of The Great Canadian Baking Show is aired. 

But look at me!! There is ONE more applique block to be prepped - I have to fuse the shapes onto fabric, but at least the shapes are prepared. 


One more applique block to prep


Then there is one block to be pieced, and more applique goes around that block. The shapes are ready to fuse in place - I just need to do the piecing. 

I couldn't help myself - I realized my portable design wall was empty, so the pieces went up. It looks fantastic, and I'm glad that I've resurrected this project. 



Enchanted Autumn 


Once I get to the stitching part, it won't be so bad. It's not nearly as messy -- just pull out some threads and set up the sewing machine. There are boxes of scrap fabrics, scissors, the lightbox, and the pressing mat all over the table. 

And instead of tidying up the cutting table, I've been making a worse mess as I try to locate a UFO or two that are on my lists that I'd like to finish this year. There's a sewing retreat next week, so I want to be prepped with a couple of big and small projects so I can at least say I finished something. 

Oh yes -- I'm on a roll! Today, I have two presentations, and they are ready to go, but I MUST get to work on the long arm or tidy up or both. NO watching that reality TV show. 

I went for my walk as usual in the afternoon - off to the library and the grocery store. HEY  -- I had another epiphany. I was looking for a French conversation group, hopefully about sewing. Just a wee bit of time each week to converse in French - no purpose in mind other than to speak French. I thought I'd try the library. They didn't know of any, but then I decided I could advertise to see if we could start our own group. DUH!!!  

So if anyone out there wants to join in -- it's 100% in French and hopefully will be about sewing. Maybe we can have a French hand sewing session. That would be amazing - so if you qualify or know someone who might be interested, let me know. It'll be on Zoom. I'm learning a word or two every day, so the presentations are becoming much smoother! And then I have these moments when I can't think of the right word - in French or in English! 


On my way home from the walk, I spotted this. 


The house is under repair


Yep -- after ONE year since the fire, they have finally decided to start fixing the house. And yes - they ripped the front section of the roof off. I don't know how much more they were going to rip, but the fire damaged the walls of that room, and well, I'm glad to see them rip this part down. I can only imagine how fast they will rebuild. 


Off with the roof!


I stood and watched them for a bit, and these two guys were up on the roof, swinging sledgehammers and tossing debris down and NO SAFETY harness. GASP! That's what I would do, but is that even allowed??  Yep -- we have to live a little!!!

And then there are the girls. They are pretty noisy sometimes and love to play with each other. DH was sitting on the sofa watching TV - he is probably watching something bizarre and changes the channel when I come upstairs, so I can't see he's watching reality TV or something!! I doubt that, though - he really hates reality TV. The exact amount that I hate those wrestling shows! What's the point? 

Anyway -- there were the two girls. Looking mighty cozy together. And I might say, they looked a tad guilty?? Of course, Murphy has a leaf in front of her. Look how long her feathers are on her legs. Instead of watching TV, I need to be finding her a groomer. 

Lexi and Murphy


However, when I looked a little closer, I saw that Lexi was half lying on Murphy. Why? Because they love each other, although Murphy looks like she is pleading for help. "MOM - get her off me!"


"MOM -- get Lexi off me!"


They taunt and tease each other mercilessly, and they both love it! Although sometimes, I think they do it to entertain us, not themselves! Show offs!!! You can't feel sorry for one or the other since they are BOTH instigators of any playing (or fighting) that they do.

Here is the recent QUILTsocial post. I always have so much fun putting the posts together; I hope you have fun reading them as well. Today it's all about water-soluable stabilizers. 


A couple of reminders:


Facebook LIVE -- that's this Friday at 2:00 PM. I believe the place to find it LIVE is at this link. If not, this is where you can watch the previous videos. It's always fun when people come to chat and ask questions. 

Virtual Retreat -- that's this weekend -- here are the links!


Saturday, November 27 from 6 PM -- whenever!

Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89254233911?pwd=VGQrTnFybW1HMWpleHA4M2Q2NGVwZz09 Meeting ID: 892 5423 3911 Passcode: 982797


Sunday, November 28 from 10 AM to 8 PM

Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87246635892?pwd=VGY1cUUyLzRaRi9VUVV2ZWFINXc2dz09 Meeting ID: 872 4663 5892 Passcode: 440473



So it's going to be a jam-packed weekend and jam-packed rest of the week with all kinds of events, but they are all fun to do, and most of the work is already done, so I'm looking forward to it. Not the same stress as last week. 

However, I MUST try not to watch too many of those silly shows, which put me behind; but it did help get that applique done. But that's it! No more - well, maybe one more to finish that last block. 


On that note, it's Wednesday AM at ridiculous o'clock and time to get me off to spin class and then the steam room! 


Have a super day!!!


Ciao!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment