Thursday, March 7, 2024

Shopping with Bear

Yesterday was another one of those days where I accomplished lots, but I don't really have anything to show for it! But my Fitbit Steps? Off the chart!! I've been walking at least 13 km every day for the last week. Some of that is intentional walking with the dogs and my afternoon walk, but also all the running around the house collecting samples, setting up equipment, etc. It's totally insane! However, I have aggressive goals, so I need 11.5 KM every day, so I'm not that much ahead!

There are days when I feel the time pressure and wonder if I have the time to do the afternoon walk, and I decide that even with time constraints, I HAVE NO CHOICE but to walk. It's my stress reliever, and I solve many issues during those walks. So the walks remain! It's all about setting priorities, and staying mobile is my number one priority!! Plus, the mental aspects of the walk are too beneficial to give up!

I had a bunch of errands to do by car, and while I used to just pop out and do one at a time, my time is more precious, and it's such a waste of resources (time, gas) to keep popping out, so I save them up. I had SEVEN stops. I managed all seven and was back home within less than two hours. 

I stopped at Indigo to check out the magazines -- that's a treat. I picked up two. I know -- I shouldn't have done that, but I'm worth it! 

Then I went to get dog food, and Little Bear was happy to go shopping with me. Look how cute he is on the new bed display!

Bear is a model!


When I was purchasing camera equipment several weeks ago, I bought TWO tripods but only needed one, so the second one was returned. Then, we went to Fabricland to buy some small supplies. While I was there, there were a bunch of spools of thread on the counter. Turns out the person who purchased the thread left the store and forgot to take her thread!

A quick drop off at the thrift store - two more boxes of stuff gone from my house. I swear, there are no regrets when I see those boxes go. I used to second guess, but that is gone! I don't need any of this stuff!!

I love that all these stores I visit are within three LONG blocks of each other, but they're too far from the house to walk, and I'm not carrying two bags of dog food home! I stopped at Staples to put some paper in the shredding bin, and while I was there, I checked out the iPencils, and a new one came home with me. 

My new iPencil

I am determined to get more use out of that iPad, and now that the manuals are sorted, I can download more. Yep—it's a valuable tool, and it's nice to know that everything I want is handy! I'm learning!! I opened the iPencil and plugged it in to charge, and it immediately paired. The old one did not, so it's going in the electronic recycling box. 

Studio B is a bit of a disaster, and that's putting it mildly. The tables have been moved, half-finished projects are strewn everywhere, the floor is littered with samples, and the cutting table is heaped. Plus, there is way more stuff on the floor than usual. I'm not worrying about it, and I certainly don't have time to deal with it until April. I'm OK with that. 

As I finish with the samples, I'm at least trying to put them away. 

The disaster zone in Studio B


There's a reason Studio B is in the basement—it's a working studio, and I don't think it needs to be completely neat and tidy all the time. Almost everything has a home, and it'll eventually return to its home, but with all the Zooms I have in the next couple of weeks, I'm not putting away and then bringing stuff back out. That would be silly. 

But I rearranged some of the cameras and equipment, and it's much easier to work in a cramped space. Plus, I remembered where I plugged in the various cameras, so switching between them last night was super easy!

More behind-the-scenes


There are those three clingy dogs again! This time, they were all in the office as I completed some paperwork. 

Clingy dogs


It doesn't pay to buy a cheap cell phone cover. I bought one at a kiosk in the mall when I bought my new phone. Not that long after, I dropped the phone and the cover did its job of protecting it, but the case broke at its narrowest point near the camera. Yesterday, when I put it in my pocket, that loose end caught, and well, now I need a new case!!!

The corner broke off my cell phone case


I wish this tree would photograph better. It's a pussy willow, and it's literally gleaming silver in the morning, but it doesn't translate well to the camera!


Pussy willow in bloom


I fixed those two blocks that I had sewn together wrong. I had swapped the half-square triangles for each, and while there wasn't a problem, the browns were so similar in color. So off with their heads, and now they are correct. 

Heartfelt Sampler blocks


I managed to get some work done on the third last set of blocks. There are six blocks in total, and I have four complete. The flying geese are trimmed and ready to sew together for the fifth block, and the sixth one is cut. 

More blocks for Heartfelt Sampler



That leaves two block sets, which I hope to finish later today. I have some machine embroidery to do, and while that is stitching out, it'll be the perfect time to sew. Yes, if you have an embroidery machine, you also need a sewing machine. I've got no shortage of either type at the moment. That partially explains why Studio B is a mess. There are two embroidery machines set up, two sewing machines, a serger, and a digital cutter—well, it is a mess. Plus, the empty boxes. 

I was lamenting about the "free" drawing programs for the iPad. Thanks to a blog reader, I downloaded the FREE Freeform (I think that's what it's called). I had fun last night with my new iPencil. I quickly tried all the drawing tools before I plugged it in and went to bed. This could become my new time waster. Wow, there are so many drawing tools; one could have loads of fun. 


Drawing on the iPad


This could be a great diversion on a plane or sitting in the backyard. Oh shoot - I just realized that I was going to stop at Rona for chairs yesterday on my way home, and I forgot. I think that's because my final stop was Harvey's to get lunch, and I was hungry, so I hurried home!

I also made significant progress on a project I'll be writing about, and the next two projects are cut and ready to go, so that's a bonus. Now, I need to get my act together and start writing. I'm trying very hard to keep up with the errands, and I finally managed to deposit the ANCIENT $20 bill that I discovered. I knew I could NOT deposit it in the ATM, so I would have to get in line. But each time I've gone in the last couple of days, the line-ups were insane. I'm not waiting if I don't have to -- the bank is on my walk, so yesterday, when I popped in, there was NO LINE. The $20 is now in my bank account!

Well, that's it for today! 

Have a super day!!!!

Ciao!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Studio B looks like a hard working studio. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny that you went to the bank to deposit the $20 bill, instead of just spending it.
    Sharon F

    ReplyDelete