Tuesday, September 3, 2024

The mystery is partially solved

 OK --- so we may have solved the handle mystery. Remember what it looked like? 

The mystery handle

Karen sent me this picture, and the handle of that tool looks suspiciously like the handle above. The one pictured below is a tuner mallet. 

Tuner mallet


I think we all agree that it's some kind of handle that screws into something. Why it screws into something else is part of the mystery. Would you need different ones, and if so, why not just have a separate tool? Or was it to make it lighter to carry, and you had a different head for different ranges of notes? Or did it screw into something that would wear out relatively quickly and, therefore, no need to waste the handle? Although, that would have to be an OLDER tool -- no one would think of that efficiency today. 

We discussed the mystery at Monday Sewing, and then I got this from Mary. Her husband suspects it is this. 

Blade scraper


I think this is his version of it! 



Well, I might just put this handle with my paint supplies, and when I sort that stuff out, I can determine if I have a tool for the end of it!! I've asked Mary for more details!

So, none of my investigations has figured out why I have this handle, but at least I have a better idea of what the darn thing is! 

I didn't get to do much in the way of decluttering or sorting as we had Monday sewing, and then I needed to get some work done on my projects, but I hope to take a break today and perhaps get more done. Those inventory lists are calling my name! That's another reason for clutter - if you don't know what you have, you buy more - hence THREE bags of stuffing. So, with one bag spoken for and one potentially going in the garbage, I'll only have one. 

With the inventory list, I could immediately check if I needed to purchase a supply.  

I'm unsure if I shared my front patio space with you, but it looks like this! It's wide open and inviting, with room for two. It's attached to my front step and about two feet above ground level. You would think it's very open to the street, but there is a Japanese maple tree right in front, and that is enough to give it a wee bit of privacy but still keep it open. I get lots of hellos from the neighbors as they walk past, and that was my intention! 

My front patio



I wonder if the neighbors will think I'm strange if I'm out there wrapped in a quilt. The weather is much cooler these days. I could sit in the backyard, but then I would have to contend with Murphy. 

I love her to bits, but she is such an attention seeker. Look how sweet she is. 


Mom -- I'm a lady!! A quiet one! 


And then, seconds later, she dropped her ball in the pond. Sigh..............


MOM -- I NEED help. The ball is in the pond - it was an accident!


Yep -- wrapped up in a quilt on the front step is my "time out" spot, and Murphy can't get into trouble! If I allow her out in front, she is on her leash, but I think she's better off looking at me out the window!

Now that it was cooler, and I was bored going for a walk with no errand in mind, I grabbed Murphy, and she came for the walk with me. That girl walked about 6 km yesterday! There were times when she looked back at me as if to say, " You are NOT walking fast enough!" but we managed. 

Of course, when we cut through the park, she had to jump on the bench—she loved that. 


MOM -- look at ME!!!!!


We solved one more puzzle in the EXIT game. I love how they tease you when you pick the easy route. You think you have solved the puzzle, but you really haven't, and they tease you, leading you on until it counts, and then you realize they were messing with your mind. That's hard to explain, but the games are well thought out. They are so much worth the price!!!! 


OH -- remember that clock kit I shared with you a while back. 


Clock kit in an older magazine


When we had our last Virtual Retreat, one of the ladies showed us her version of a quilted clock. 

This is what Cathy created. 


Cathy's clock



Seriously??? How fun is that? The block patterns came from Carl Hentsch's book - New York Beauties and Flying Geese. 

And look at the AMAZING quilting.


The quilting on Cathy's clock


She mounted the whole thing on a board, and now she has a beautiful clock in her sewing space. Way to go, Cathy!!!! It's absolutely stunning (as usual!!!)


Well, I have computer work to do before I return to the sewing machine. I'm making great progress, but there is still lots to be done!!

Have a super day!!!

Ciao!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment