Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Three-dog night

My sleep schedule is totally out of whack! I was tired when I got home from my adventure, but I went to bed at the usual time, and then after several hours, I was wide awake! I hate it when that happens. But I'll be OK. I guess I'll chalk that up to a full moon (or almost)!!! And no, it wasn't technically a three-dog night (needing three dogs to keep warm), but this post has THREE dogs. But the days are hot, but the nights are getting cool and I LOVE IT!!!

What am I up to this week? Well, this! 

A naked sewing machine


That is a top-of-the-line sewing machine stripped down! I am fortunate enough this week to sit in on a technical session on some sewing machines. I am only observing, zero hands-on. I would NEVER consider taking the cover off, but that curiosity of mine has wanted to see this for a long time, and this week, that opportunity came up!

Of course, I'm asking a "few" questions. I think it's easier to understand how to use a tool if you understand how it works. I am trying to get a few tips on maintaining and operating our sewing machines that I can pass along to you! 

I cannot imagine deciding to become a sewing machine technician out of the blue. While I understand the mechanics of many things, I would NOT want to be on the receiving end of one of these machines and have someone tell me there is an issue and then let me attempt to fix it! The background of the people in the room ranges from a master mechanic with 24 years of working on heavy equipment to someone who has never seen the mechanics of anything in their life, and then there are people at various stages in between. 

Even though a combine and a sewing machine are totally different beasts in size, there are so many similarities, and the parts that drive the machines are so similar. So the master mechanic? He's having zero issues. It's a whole new learning curve for the others! 

There are so many parts and connections and whatnot that you can see that it takes a great deal of time and care to service one of these machines and get it working again! But they'll get the hang of general servicing, which is what most machines need. If it's taken care of, it shouldn't need a whole lot of other care. 

I'm back again today when they attempt to reassemble those machines! Good luck! I feel lucky to not be in the hot seat. 

Murphy's nose was pretty out of joint yesterday as I put a few things in the car to leave. She was determined to come with me, and it was equally hard since she had not had a walk. 

When I got home, I needed groceries, so I grabbed her leash, and off we went. She was happy when I tied her to a tree outside the grocery store. I don't usually do this, as I'm afraid someone will walk off with her, but I had no choice yesterday. She would definitely NOT be allowed in the grocery store. And apparently, this is a big no-no in Montreal. You can get fined for leaving your dog tied up outside a store. 

Mom -- I'm a good girl!!!!

And she was super quiet. In the past, when I would leave her, she would bark the entire time I was out of sight. Good dog, Murphy!

Well, they are NOT getting a walk again this morning. I was going to give them a short walk, but I slept in because of my sleepless night!

And for those who missed Little Bear (we didn't even get to see him on the weekend as there was too much happening), here is a picture of him!! In all his cuteness and fluffiness!!! But I'll see him in a couple of weeks, so I wasn't too upset to not see him this time. 


HELLO, everyone --- I miss being the center of attention in your world!

Murphy got her walk before dinner, and Lexi was not happy. So, after dinner, when it was getting late, she and I went for our shortened walk. 


"howling" at the moon! 


The full moon is tonight around 10:35, but it was huge last night. Lexi and I had some fun in the park trying to get a photo. She hates sitting—at least when I ask her to. She hates posing and would rather turn her head this way and that, but I managed to get this—it will have to do!!!!

And then here's a photo of the two of them as I was prepping something in the kitchen in the morning. They are the same size, but they do NOT weigh the same! One is skinny, and one is - well, bigger. One is like a truck that would run you over, and the other is more delicate. I don't think I need to tell you which is which!




MOM --- what about us?



Remember, how I said I wouldn't need that sample suitcase for a couple of weeks. I lied. I was digging out samples last night as I need them for tomorrow. And I could not find one of my samples. I wasn't sure if it had gone into the "to be quilted" pile, but when I checked the list, it was on the list but NOT in the appropriate tub. So I've removed it for a reason, but where is it???? GRRRRRRR!!!! I need that sample. Hopefully, my subconscious will focus on that today. 


On that note, I'd better get myself ready. I was late yesterday because I thought the class started at 9 a.m., but it's 8:30, so I lost another 30 minutes in the morning!!!

Have a super day!!!

Ciao!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment