Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Balmy weather!

It was rather BALMY when I took the dogs for a walk this morning. Yes - balmy at MINUS FIFTEEN - and sure felt a whole better than minus 26.


Minus 26 - the temperature on my car when I arrived at the church (8:30 AM) yesterday


HOWEVER - this is NOTHING!  When I was in Saskatchewan last February - the temperature was in the minus 30s!!!!  Yep - that was a bit of a shock and during the day, the temperature rose to MINUS 22. The sun was out and it was in the afternoon!  (I checked on my blog!) What we have here is NOTHING. OK -  I admit for HERE - this temperature is something. But I would rather have the cold than the weather they have in the Maritimes!

Anyway - I bundled up this morning to walk the dogs and while I wasn't sweating - I had on too many clothes.

Even though yesterday was Family Day - we went sewing. As my Dad says - the sewing ladies are "family" and yes that is very true!  I feel that each and every one of them is part of my family. We all look forward to those sewing days - a nice day out for all of us.

I got lots done again! But I did not take my sewing machine as I knew it was going to be busy. Everyone wants to come and we have limited space.


Three labels got sewn on quilts
 Two of which were for M and I see she has them stacked on her bed.  I could almost say she is like the Princess and the Pea except she sleeps under the quilts, not on them.   I guess that technically means that I finished THREE quilts yesterday.   Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maria was making pet mats with the leftover scraps that she had collected for Christmas. Actually this whole pet mat business started with her making a bed for her daughter's dog. And well - it just hasn't stopped!!!


More pet mats

I came home with more bags of scraps!
 I have to laugh because people are separating out some of the bigger pieces. Stuff that they no longer want, but think I would use. Yep - I sorted through that bag and put the scraps in the appropriate spots.


And while Maria was sorting through her scraps - she found some bicycle fabric which is now in my bicycle fabric basket


I seriously could sew for a long long time with the leftovers that others throw out. Imagine - I could get rid of my entire stash of new fabric and still have loads to do!!!!


You know you are not allowed to leave your baggage unattended at the airport. Well we found an unattended bag at our sewing day.  Hmmmm - it looks like a lunch box, but it is HUGE!!!!!


The unattended lunch box compared to my little lunch bag

We did find the owner - actually it was lunch for two. But it was pretty heavy - I should have peeked inside to see what was there. Maybe I could have had something better than what I took.   It is just the shape and the size that is hilarious! I love it!!!!!


I have a lot of trimming to do so figured why not trim when there were lots of people around me to occupy my brain.


Got a lot of hour glass blocks trimmed - not many left to trim. 

Sorted them when I got home and they are now each in the appropriate baggie according to size

I think I will not take my sewing machine next week either. I do have some more hand work to finish up and this way I am forced to do it!!!!!

I was at Fabricland the other day and found this neat handout from Pellon and Fabricland.


Handout from Pellon
All of their products are categorized by type of sewing and provides good advice on how to use each product.


Stabilizers/interfacings are broken into categories!!!


When I got home - I still had a quilt to be quilted. Fortunately it was a smallish one.

Customer quilt - done!!!!

I am trying to expand my repertoire of designs and I have spent hours doodling to come up with some new stuff.  I think this swirl is going to be my new "go to" pattern - sure looks better than stippling. Not that there is anything wrong with stippling, but I want to keep trying new stuff. Anyway - I am very happy with it.


Background swirls!!!!

And here is a peek as something else that I was working on last night.   I wonder if anyone knows what project it is????   It is one I started YEARS ago. M was a itty bitty little girl when I started it. Well now is the time to get it finished.  I won't reveal it because I am going to use it on QUILTSocial.


Mystery project



On that note - I am out of here. It is another busy day and I still have a couple of e-mails to send out.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!1

No comments:

Post a Comment