Saturday, February 21, 2015

Stitcher's Garden - show n tell


There is a LOT of show n tell happening this week!   I had my class for the Stitcher's Garden quilt on Wednesday evening. Those girls are fanatics. They were to prepare TWO blocks, but many had the backgrounds for others prepared and clamoring for more!  I LOVE enthusiasm.   This class is focused strictly on the sewing machine - we actually bring our sewing machines (well not me!) but they work in class trying out different techniques.

Here is the quilt we are working on.........

Stitcher's Garden by The Stitch Connection


And here is the show n tell from the other night.


Sheila - Block One

Sheila - Block Two

Judy - Block One

Judy - block Two

Louise - Block One

Louise - Block Two

Judy - Block Two

Judy - Block Two

Pat - Block Two

Lucy - Block One


A couple of people were not at class that night so we will catch up with them next time. You should see the stitching on these. They got very creative with the stitches on their sewing machines and the threads.  I am very impressed.  What an awesome way to learn how to use your sewing machine and all those feet that are available and that many have and have no idea what they do!!!!  Oh yes - it was a very interesting night. I did purchase a few goodies myself which I will show you at another date when I have time to process them!!!!


If anyone is interested in doing this quilt - let me know.  I would like to run it again. It is held at Brampton Sew n Serge and will be in the evening.  Start date would likely be September.  Loads of fun and you actually get to work on the sewing machine in class!!!!   There are tons of techniques and tools that we evaluate - you don't have to have all the tools - I do demo them in class and then you decide!!  How much better does it get than that!!!!!

Guess what I got the other night???   One more Row by Row Experience License plate. Yes - this one was NOT on the official license plate list, but Lauraine knew that I was searching for them and picked up an extra one for me last year. It took a while to connect but here it is!!!!!   Thanks Lauraine!!!!

2014 Row by Row Experience License Plate

More pillow cases and scraps!  Thanks!!!

 I opened up one of the kitchen cupboards the other day and WHAT?????   What is this??????


Packets of pepper - seriously?????   Where did they come from???

And I found this in the refrigerator. 


It would appear that those "gifts" came from M. Really?????   The kid who has no qualms about wasting real food is saving packets of pepper and ketchup????   Now I know that she has been abducted by aliens and replaced by someone I don't know.  What am I going to do with that stuff????   It is going out!!!!   No one eats ketchup at our house and I'm NOT becoming my parents with oodles of ketchup packets in the fridge that they never use.

I am trying to CLEAN out the kitchen, not add more stuff!!!!!


Speaking of the culprit - she grabbed my camera yesterday and look what happened.............
There is Sparky enjoying her new mat!
Pretty intense!!!!
What more could you ask for - a selfie with the dog!!!!   Sparky wasn't quite into the concept though




Little Sammy sucking up the attention. Sammy is so intense!!!!

Little Sammy looking very protective!!!






Or does that look say "don't touch!!! I'll bite you if you do!"

She never wavers from starring at the camera!!!Silly girl.


Obviously I took the pictures of M with Little Sammy.  But Little Sammy is very cute - even from the back - she is a cutie patootey!!!!

Little Sammy from behind!

 I did learn one thing yesterday. I went to spin class at 9:30 AM. Yes - the gym is busier - gosh there was hardly any room in the steam room when I was done the spin class. Not sure if I like that time, but I might try it a couple of times and see. But when I went to the LifeCafe to pick up lunch, I found some of my gym friends hanging out. They try to have lunch on Friday. I didn't have time to stay, but I will keep that in mind for future Fridays!!!  

I spent most of yesterday sewing up samples, taking pictures which I edited this morning and now to load it all up on the internet.

On that note - I am out of here - teaching all day.


Have a great day!!!!!


Ciao!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elaine, Seeing that license plate made me wonder if you received the "2 Huron chicks" one that I sent to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - it that Shelley??? I owe you money!!! I still the envelope with your address on it in my TO DO pile. I wasn't sure how much I owed you - there was no price on the package. And no name to send a cheque to. E-mail me at elaine9703@rogers.com to give me the details.

      Delete