Thursday, February 19, 2015

How do you spell relief?

 T O M


I have had this pain in my leg/glute for months. Is it the ham string? Nope - doesn't seem to be, is it the piriformus? Nope doesn't appear to be that either. I had massage, I talked to various people including personal trainers, and Pilates instructors (NONE of whom are qualified to diagnose) but no stretching seemed to relieve the pain. Not that I was in agony, but it was constant and just plain annoying.

One of the personal trainers has been trying to get me to visit her massage therapist. He is a very hard person to get in touch with and I had to wait several weeks for an appointment.

Yesteday was the day I visited with TOM. Maria had described him as nerdy!  Oh boy - that leaves my imagination wide open!  (and he is nerdy!!)   Well - after asking MANY questions  - I was on the massage table and the diagnosis began.  His type of massage is NOT the pretty kind with the oils and soft music. NOPE - we chatted the entire time (he is from St. John's). He poked and prodded - he touched - he kneaded - he stretched. And he IDENTIFIED the culprit!!!!!   It would appear that it is the adductor magnus (I think that is the one he said it was) that is causing me the problem.  So near the end of the session - he applied intense stretching/pressure to that area (inside of the thigh from knee to groin). Yes - it wasn't pretty - but you know what?   I feel amazing!!!!  The pain is not completely gone (nor did he predict it would). But I got in my car and no pain. I put my shoes and socks on - no pain. I am sitting at the computer - no pain. I feel like something is missing!!!!!

And if memory serves me correctly - this muscle pull is a SYMPTOM of something else. I think he referred to my posture or something in my core. I need to send him an e-mail and reask about that!

I have stretches to do and go back in a couple of weeks to visit again. I think I am in love with nerdy Tom!!!!   Next time - I won't wait so long to go. But he did suggest that I have the lump (cyst???) on my foot looked at by the doctor!

Oh yes - I have to laugh at his mannerisms.  He was so nonchalant about everything. "Hmmmm - that is interesting - let's come back to that."He said that a lot!  And he was doing some poking and I am thinking - what exactly is he identifying - but he was able to figure it out!!!!

Yesterday was a whirlwind day. We had embroidery in the morning and a FULL house!!!  It was awesome - so many happy people - I just love those mornings. I am slowly getting my Christmas ornaments complete. I have all the wording done and will move onto the outlines next week.

Tish was working on this cute little wooden ornament. All the lines were stitched!  Tish is a pretty productive person. She is ALWAYS finishing something!!!  I want to be like her when I grow up!
Several of the ladies have weddings in their families this coming summer. Mary had asked her daughter for a sample of the bride's maids dress fabric so she could match up the colours.  THIS is the sample.  Don't blink - you will miss it!!!!


A fabric sample!!!   Make that an itty bitty teeny weeny fabric sample

I managed to get this small customer quilt done on Tuesday night.
Customer quilt - done!

Update on the kitchen - I had made plans for one of the recycling groups to pick up the kitchen stuff and it is amazing what can happen with a deadline. I went through the rest of the stuff and this is what went out the door yesterday morning.


Kitchen stuff - GONE!!!!!!!!!!!


I still have some stuff to go through and put away. Mostly packaged food and probably most will go in the garbage because it is outdated!   There are the recipe books and the spices and the utensils as well. Parts of which are organized and parts are not.  I think a trip to Solutions is in order. I am trying to find containers that I can put the liquids in so that they are not all jumbled in a bottom cupboard. But then is it easier to clean a cupboard shelf than a container?????   Maybe I just put them back and see how it goes. We have rearranged a lot of the food and some of the dishes and things are working nicely.  Let's just say that there are a LOT of empty cupboards!  I will try and get it completed in the next week?  and then take pictures!

Now I feel like going through my closet again. Literally - I feel like throwing away everything that I haven't worn in months and that would be 80% of it!!!!

No desire to hit the craft stuff yet, but I wish I could go through the paperwork and deal with that as quickly!  It is the damn written word that throws me.  There is so much I want to read and not ready to toss it yet
However I was looking for a magazine this morning and while I did not find the magazine - I did find that MISSING PATTERN.  Yeah - now I can keep working on that quilt project!!!  I found about 6 Connecting Threads catalogues. Yes - I could throw those away!!!   Well one day - I should sit down with a BOTTLE of wine and those boxes of papers. I bet I could get rid of a lot very quickly!!!!


Today is going to be a crazy busy day. I have to get to work on QUILTSocial. I am late (again!) and I MUST MUST MUST spend the entire day on it (and tomorrow) as well.


On that note - I am out of here!!!!

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment