Monday, January 18, 2016

Garden Quilt show n tell

I slipped a bit this weekend - I did NOT do my appointment with myself until Sunday evening and you know what?   I missed doing that.  I find that by putting everything (this is all quilt related) in that little book with lists and then picking what needs to be the focus of the coming week - well it's working.   I'm really shocked that I actually found something that works for ME!!!

Now one of the biggest issues is to keep it updated so when something new comes in - it MUST be documented, otherwise the whole thing will fall apart and I have been super diligent about that. I have to say that I'm not really crossing anything off those lists as far as being completely finished but I should have a whole bunch that I can cross off soon.  And yes - I've added things to the various lists - but only quilts to be quilted for customers so that's OK. 

I get about 1/4 of my weekly task list completed - so I have to evaluate that.  Lots of  items these past couple of weeks have been big and so I must learn to spread those out and break them down even further. Bottom line - nothing is getting through the cracks, nothing is being forgotten and that's all I care about. 

Now I must devise the same system for work because while I use to lament that I wasn't all that busy - nope things are different now. And that's a good thing.  I knew that would happen - it just takes time to get into the swing of things. 

The show n tell today is from Garden Time by Amy Bradley. 

Garden Time quilt by Amy Bradley


Not sure where everyone was for the class, but it was pretty small.   Doesn't matter - we had fun those of us that were there.   Have a look. 


Borders - one side and bottom - Liz

The other two borders - one side and top - Liz

Some of the smaller blocks - Marilyn

Borders - side - Marilyn

Borders - top and bottom - Marilyn

These quilts are coming together beautifully.   I've been working on mine on Monday mornings with my Monday group.  I have so much applique that I had to find a dedicated time to make it happen and yes I'm behind on the prep work for this quilt.  Monday mornings is a perfect time to work on it.  I've been tracing images for the last couple of weeks. Last night, I got one block ready for cutting and that's what I'll be doing this morning.  If I'm lucky - I might even get everything glued down into an actual block.  Yes - we'll divide and conquer and get something done!!!!

Smaller blocks - Ruthi


Ruthi invested in a new sewing machine.  She was able to scan in this block and then the sewing machine did all the stippling around the gloves.

Quilted by the sewing machine


Oh yes the features of these new sewing machines would knock your socks off!!!!

Speaking of sewing machine and their features - it's my week to blog on QUILTSocial and I'm chatting about the Husqvarna Viking Designer Jade | 35 again.  There are some great tips this week. on decorative stitching.    Check it out.

On that note - I'm out of here.

Have an awesome day!!!!!!!!!!!

Ciao!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment