Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Quilt Con update

Things just happened yesterday and I couldn't get to the computer to update the blog - even though I had uploaded the pictures. It happens!

This is how I spent my Friday at work.  I have cuts of all those vibrant prints from Northcott's ColorWorks concepts.   Next up was to start slicing and dicing them. 


Start by cutting strips

Then cutting squares

Then more squares

And even more squares
And at last the piecing begins.

One block DONE!!!!
Many blocks done


Yes - I know it looks like a wild mess at this point, but trust me - there is a plan.   Can you guess what I'm making?   Even I don't know what the end result will look like - I'm just making it up as I go along. But it will be fun.  I made even more progress on it yesterday and over the weekend. I HAVE to get this project done soon as the deadline is looming and I still have a quilt for the booth display and well - let's just say that the next month is going to be jam packed!!!!    Thank goodness for that Prioritize - Focus - Win strategy which is working very nicely this week.


Northcott has also put together a challenge using some five inch squares. I'll provide you with more details in another post.  I thought it would be fun to try the challenge myself and rather than fire up the computer and use EQ7, nope - I decided that trying to mull over the ideas on paper would be a good way to start.

ACK - too many numbers
Going to try and get some of that into EQ7 today because it's going to take a LONG time to sew together and I best get started!!!!

Not only do I sew at work, but I construct furniture too!   I built a small couch the other day.  And I'm loving it in the office.  Now I have a desk, two chairs, a couch and a sewing machine. What more could someone want. I think asking for a bed would be going too far and the couch is too small to sleep on!   No time for sleeping anyway! But there is lots of seating to have a party!


"My"' new couch - the slipcover wasn't on in the picture


Of course - I can't reveal all the details. Oh no!   But let's just say there is always fun and games happening.


On that note - I'm off to brave the cold weather. It appears that winter has finally struck. We've been so lucky so far.

Have a great day!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment