Tuesday, January 26, 2016

There is a THIEF amongst us!!!!!


Let it be said that while I LOVE my job, I do miss my sewing groups - a LOT. While my work colleagues do get excited about quilting stuff, they really don't appreciate it from a quilter's point of view. And it's hard to discuss the merits of a particular method of sewing versus another.  However it does bring a whole new way to look at patterns/quilting/marketing and that's from the business side.  How much does it cost to make this kit?  How effectively does this pattern use fabric, etc.   All of those things are right up my alley because of my business background - so yes - I LOVE my job, but Thursday ladies and Monday Mania - I MISS YOU!!!!

Now having said that - I do get to see the Monday group for 1 1/2 hours before I go to work on Monday. It's my way to stay connected to a quilting group.  But 1 1/2 hours is not the same as an entire day.  But it's better than nothing!  I'm not complaining.  Actually I feel very fortunate that I was able to work out an arrangement to keep that connection. Thank goodness, I went to work for a fabric company instead of a bank. I think it would be hard to convince the bank that I need a quilting fix before I come to work!

So speaking of the Monday group - I have some show n tell from them.


Maria has been working on a one-block wonder for a number of weeks.  It's finally together and she brought it to share with us.  Wow - that's crazy!!!!!!    I love the cubes and think they add some great highlights to the quilt.  Also love how she popped those cubes outside the quilt and into the border.


Maria's One Block wonder
Cube close-up!!!!

I spied this on Jan's table and had to have a peek.  She's been working on the 2015 Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt.  I had seen a picture of the finished one on-line and much nicer than 2014.  The pattern is very defined.  I might be tempted to make this one myself.  AHA - who am I kidding!!!!!   I have scores and scores of ideas running around in my head.  Nope - I need someone who just wants to sew (for free), but not have to pay for their fabric and they don't get to keep the quilt. AND they may not have a pattern to work with - just a picture or a sketch.   I don't ask for much - do I?????   I'm serious - if there are any takers - get in touch!

Anyway - here is Jan's quilt.

Jan's Bonnie Hunter mystery
This is the border she is going to put on it.  I don't think this was part of the mystery. She came up with that border herself.

Jan's border
You can find the final reveal from Bonnie's blog at this link.

Sandra was over using the long arm on Sunday and she quilted this MASSIVE quilt.  Took a long time, but while she was quilting, I was sewing and I got a lot done!   More on that another day. 

Sandra's quilt

 So the other day, I was looking for something.  Oh yes - I did find my pink thread last night. And the tables/floor are looking pretty nice.  No time for pictures.  Are you kidding me?  We had a meeting for QuiltCon yesterday.  I have a lot of work to do  and CRIPES - I just lost a week because of shipping and photography and well there is NO time to waste!!!!!   Cannot wait to share it all with you.

So the other day, I was looking for something.  At some point, I had purchased a couple of small orange bows that clip into your hair. I knew where they were when I first bought them, but they had been moved.  Where to?????   No clue.   This morning, I'm standing at the cutting table, trimming up some blocks and I happened to look at Manni (my mannequin friend) and OH MY GOD - she STOLE those orange bows.   They were in her hair.  Well one of them was and I'm sure the other one is under her hat!   How dare she take my things.  She's worse than having a sister!!!!!!



Manni stole my orange hair bow!!!!


Well - there you have it - another episode of total craziness.  I keep saying it's going to get better, but it doesn't and it won't.  And you know what?   I don't want it to.  Nope - I kind of like the craziness - I feed off it and I get excited about what crazy adventures each day will hold.  Yes - some days are more boring than others, but there is usually some crazy nugget in each day!!!!!

Have an awesome day (and can you believe that weather?  - it's so warm out!)

Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Please keep me in mind for after my retirement date of July'16. Not having a pattern would definitely help keep my mind sharp, although kinda scary as well. Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. NIkki Awesome - that would be just awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete