Sunday, May 20, 2012

Christmas Club reveal



An interesting day - yes - it was the holiday weekend, but there seemed to be a number of people missing and only one or two sent me pictures of their work!!!!!!

Hmmmm - we are going to have a feast at the end of this class from all the late fees!!!!!!


Let's see what we did get and we will start with the Critter Christmas................




The home work was the mitten block.................


Beth

Raili
Tony

Karen - wait a minute - this is NOT a mitten. Aw - but the construction worker beaver's name is MITTEN!!!!!

Yes - that is it - FOUR blocks - where are the other FIVE???????   I need pictures people!!!!!!


Then the second block we did was the duck and the penguin........................

Beth

Karen (yes - Karen - other than being on opposite sides - she actually followed the pattern!!!!) Of course these guys are too cute to not include!!!!

Raili
Tony



Again - there are FIVE pictures missing???????   



I will post the other quilt tomorrow. I got home and it was such a GORGEOUS day that I decided to go to the cottage. Not just an ordinary cottage, but MY cottage. Have a peek................


I sat in the blue chair all afternoon and well into the evening. I listened to the waterfall and the gentle stir of the wind chimes attached to the gazebo.

The gentle scent of my miniature lilac bushes waifed through the air


I read a book the entire afternoon - I did NOT check e-mail, I did NOT answer the phone, I did NOT sew. It was so peaceful and relaxing - well I did have to play taxi driver - get the kid to work, pick her up - that kind of thing.


Honestly - there is nothing better than spending some time doing NOTHING. And I am very happy that we don't have to drive anywhere to get this peace and quiet. While a cottage is nice, there are ways to make an oasis in your backyard and so MUCH CHEAPER. However I would like to add a few garden whimsies to the fence - not as bright as my sunflower, but stuff. Got to be on the lookout for that kind of thing.


I am very happy with my progress in the garden as well. It is in the best shape it has ever been at this time of the year. I am trying very hard to get rid of all the weeds. What I really need to do is get some dirt and mulch in there. Then it would be perfect. A little bit each day.


OK - got to get hussling. An interesting day ahead - you'll hear all about it tomorrow.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

1 comment:

  1. Yes.. I love sitting around doing nothing too!! It is so relaxing. Glad you had a nice quiet relaxing day!

    Ronda

    ReplyDelete